The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got my confirmation letter! It says accommodation can be selected through SIMS but it wasn’t clear how to do this. How do you secure accommodation?
Reply 21
Original post by Jack hhhhhhh
Just got my confirmation letter! It says accommodation can be selected through SIMS but it wasn’t clear how to do this. How do you secure accommodation?

log into SIMS and four boxes appear, one of them is titled "University residences". If you click that box it takes you through to the accommodation application page.
Original post by molly.d
log into SIMS and four boxes appear, one of them is titled "University residences". If you click that box it takes you through to the accommodation application page.

Found that and I see you can only apply once you have accepted your place so I will have to wait until I hear back from all my unis before I secure accommodation.
Is the accommodation first come first serve because I was really hoping to be either in Talybont court or gate. I also have friends with offers to other courses and I was hoping to be in the same halls as them.
Reply 24
Original post by Mayhay6275
When do invites to offer holder days get sent out does anyone know?

I've been updated by the medical school to day that invites to confirmation emails will come out within the next week
Hiya! So do we sort accommodation now or later?
on the portal page it says you can only apply for accommodation after you've accepted a place. not great for me cos Cardiff is my first choice and I still have one more interview to go and no offers (except Cardiff of course). I hope I can still get taly even if its first come first served
Original post by KawaiiCupcake
on the portal page it says you can only apply for accommodation after you've accepted a place. not great for me cos Cardiff is my first choice and I still have one more interview to go and no offers (except Cardiff of course). I hope I can still get taly even if its first come first served

Haha same - Cardiff is the only medicine offer I’ve had so far
Original post by ENR123
Hi guys, congrats on getting an offer 🙌🏻

I am a 2nd year medic at Cardiff University so I'm super happy to answer any questions you have!

Hi, I was wondering if you know roughly how many graduates undertake the A100 course? I'm a little embarrassed but I'm an old lady of 23 who has already completed a first degree :colondollar: will I be really out of place here?
Original post by Anna191817
Haha same - Cardiff is the only medicine offer I’ve had so far

you've already had an offer? i thought you have to wait until the end of this month. but congratulations on the offer. wish me luck.
Congrats guys for us all getting offers!
Original post by otterly102
Hi, I was wondering if you know roughly how many graduates undertake the A100 course? I'm a little embarrassed but I'm an old lady of 23 who has already completed a first degree :colondollar: will I be really out of place here?

Hi there. I am a graduate applicant who is also 23 so there is at least one other person in your position!
Reply 32

Hiya not to worry! There's always some graduates every year I know in my year there's at least 5 and there are also graduates who join in 2nd year as well
Reply 33
Woop woop well done guys we did it!!!
Original post by badhand45
Hi there. I am a graduate applicant who is also 23 so there is at least one other person in your position!

Ahh amazing! Congratulations on your offer!
Ahh amazing! Congratulations on your offer!

Thanks you too!
I got uni exam results yesterday and dissertation due on Friday so it was nice to have something good happen!!
Thanks you too!
I got uni exam results yesterday and dissertation due on Friday so it was nice to have something good happen!

Tell me about it :rolleyes: motivation to make it to the end!
Tell me about it :rolleyes: motivation to make it to the end!

We will smash it!
Did you do your degree in a related subject?

Hiya me too! I finished my previous degree at Cardiff last year, nice to know there are a few people in the same position.
(edited 4 years ago)
We will smash it!
Did you do your degree in a related subject?

Neuroscience, so semi-related! How about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending