The Student Room Group

Best university to do Mechanical Engineering Masters

Hello everyone, I am an international student planning to pursue Masters taught in Mechanical Engineering in UK and i got following offers.

1.Univ of Bristol - Msc Engineering with Management (new course,. Not accredited by ImechE)
2. Univ of Leeds - Msc Mechatronics and Robotics
3. Queens Belfast - Msc Mechanical Engg. with Management (industrial internship option)

Since all the 3 are part of Russel Group, i am confused between which one to choose. Kindly do help if possible 😊
Original post by Indianborn
Hello everyone, I am an international student planning to pursue Masters taught in Mechanical Engineering in UK and i got following offers.

1.Univ of Bristol - Msc Engineering with Management (new course,. Not accredited by ImechE)
2. Univ of Leeds - Msc Mechatronics and Robotics
3. Queens Belfast - Msc Mechanical Engg. with Management (industrial internship option)

Since all the 3 are part of Russel Group, i am confused between which one to choose. Kindly do help if possible 😊

All are great universities but from your list, accreditation to the relevant professional body matters.
Since all the 3 are part of Russel Group

No, they're not - it's the "Russell Group"!

Which course do you prefer?
Reply 3
Original post by JohnnyHK
All are great universities but from your list, accreditation to the relevant professional body matters.

Does accreditation really matters in terms of employability and career ?
Reply 4
Original post by RogerOxon
No, they're not - it's the "Russell Group"!

Which course do you prefer

My main focus is on mechanical engineering. After going through course details, i really liked the one in bristol. But since its not accredited, i am in a dilemma.
Does accreditation really matters in terms of employability and career ?

I would say that if your future career path lies in engineering then it does matter.
Reply 6
Original post by JohnnyHK
I would say that if your future career path lies in engineering then it does matter.

Thanks brother. So that makes my options reduces to two. Either Leeds (24K pounds) or Queens Belfast(14K pounds)
Thanks brother. So that makes my options reduces to two. Either Leeds (24K pounds) or Queens Belfast(14K pounds)

Both brilliant universities! All the best mate.
I don't think accreditation is necessarily that important for a masters level, degree providing you have an accredited bachelors degree. Quite a lot of MSc degrees aren't accredited, and I haven't seen any evidence yet of holders of said degrees being denied chartership due to the lack of it, providing they have an accredited undergrad degree (and I would highly recommend doing an accredited BEng or MEng degree, by the way).

It's also worth noting that if you study a degree that is not currently accredited, which then receives accreditation later on, your degree will be accredited too. It can take a few years for a degree to become accredited, so bran new ones rarely are.
Reply 9
Original post by Smack
I don't think accreditation is necessarily that important for a masters level, degree providing you have an accredited bachelors degree. Quite a lot of MSc degrees aren't accredited, and I haven't seen any evidence yet of holders of said degrees being denied chartership due to the lack of it, providing they have an accredited undergrad degree (and I would highly recommend doing an accredited BEng or MEng degree, by the way).

It's also worth noting that if you study a degree that is not currently accredited, which then receives accreditation later on, your degree will be accredited too. It can take a few years for a degree to become accredited, so bran new ones rarely are.

Brother my bachelor degree is not from UK and its not accredited under washington accord.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending