The Student Room Group

My favorite guinea pig has passed away

Had her for 5 years. She was 7 as she was approximately 2 when we adopted her from the RSPCA in January 2015.
Someone had turfed her out in a box with a load of others, she was severely underweight and had lice.
Am absolutely devastated. Have had 11 guinea pigs but she is and always will be my favorite. She was an inspiration in the adversity she overcame and I absolutely loved and cherished her.
Indeed she was the inspiration for my username (cavy meaning guinea pig) and I had her longer than I have has this tsr account.
Unfortunately she had a lung tumor and the kindest thing to do was to put her to sleep.
I hope she is breathing easily and pain free over rainbow bridge.
Would appreciate some support at this particular time. I knew it was inevitable as she was so old but it doesn't make it hurt any less.
Love you Amy, you will be in my heart forever :heart: :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
Had her for 5 years. She was 7 as she was approximately 2 when we adopted her from the RSPCA in January 2015.
Someone had turfed her out in a box with a load of others, she was severely underweight and had lice.
Am absolutely devastated. Have had 11 guinea pigs but she is and always will be my favorite. She was an inspiration in the adversity she overcame and I absolutely loved and cherished her.
Indeed she was the inspiration for my username (cavy meaning guinea pig) and I had her longer than I have has this tsr account.
Unfortunately she had a lung tumor and the kindest thing to do was to put her to sleep.
Would appreciate some support at this particular time. I knew it was inevitable as she was so old but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

:frown: She was so lucky to have an owner as lovely and caring as you. Losing a pet is so devastating, but you did the kindest thing for her. :hugs:
Very sorry to hear this Cavy, you did do the kindest thing for her though which was a brave decision
Damn! Guinea pigs live such short lives. But I feel your pain, I love animals way more than humans. So I feel sorry for your loss. :/
:redface: sorry to hear this Cavy

You are the kindest animal lover, she was indeed lucky to have you.

Sending hugs :hugs:, love :heart: and support :console:

I'm really sorry to hear that Cavy, I hope you're okay. :hugs:
I'm sorry for your loss Cavy, but you gave her the best life and she is no longer suffering :hugs:
:hugs: Bless you, Cavy. That's horrible for you. You must be feeling very sad.
Aww so sorry for your loss, you must be devastated :frown: I used to have 2 guinea pigs as well which I loved so I know how hard it is to lose them. Rest in peace 🙏🏻
So so sorry to hear this Cavsicle, sending lots of hugs :console: :cube:
You're one of the kindest sweetest people I know and she was very lucky to have you as an owner: jumphug:
I'm so sorry to hear the news Cavy, may she rest in peace, knowing she had a great life with a caring owner. Hugs to you. X
Terribly sorry to hear this, but I'm sure you gave her a good life. :hugs:
So sorry to hear that, Cavy. I'm sure she appreciates everything you did for her, and you can remember all the great memories you have. :heart:

Look after yourself :hugs:
Oh Cavy, you gave Amy such a happy life after all the trauma she went through. :heart: It was a genuine honour to met Amy twice and what was overwhelmingly clear to me then, as well as now, is how much love and care you have for other creatures (humans too). :grouphugs: If you need me (day or night) you know where to find me. :jumphug: Will be thinking of you lots right now. :frown:
Sorry to hear that :frown:

Sending you lots of hugs Cavy :hugs: :hugs: Lost one of mine a couple of weeks ago, so know/understand it never gets any easier :hugs: You did the kindest thing you could though and gave her a brilliant life :heart:
Here if you need :hugs:
Thank you all for your kind comments, they are much appreciated.
I have just framed her little foot print that was taken when she was put to sleep.
IMG_20200220_180410_6~2.jpg
:console:
Thank you all for your kind comments, they are much appreciated.
I have just framed her little foot print that was taken when she was put to sleep.
IMG_20200220_180410_6~2.jpg

Really sorry to hear this news Cavy :smile:

She had a wonderful life with you and your parent and couldn't have been better looked after or more loved

It's so hard to let go and am thinking of you now - just remember all the great times you had together and imagine her enjoying her favourite foods pain free :console:

Quick Reply

Latest