The Student Room Group

What is something socially acceptable to do as a woman not as a man?

And there will be a thread as about things that are socially acceptable as a man not a woman

I would say maybe cry , I feel.like if a man cried people would see it as weakness where as if a woman cried no one would mock her.

Scroll to see replies

Anything you can think off?

I will start
Taking your top off in public in hot weather ,I feel women would be criticised more for going topless.
You could say a man expressing a lot of any emotion out in public is quite socially unaccepted.
Less so today than several years ago, but still prevalent as it's an idea we have been brought up with sub-consciously.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
But this is mostly only seen as socially unacceptable from other men. Most women like it very much when men shows emotions such as crying, instead of that toxic masculinity
Original post by UGP1023
But this is mostly only seen as socially unacceptable from other men. Most women like it very much when men shows emotions such as crying, instead of that toxic masculinity

True
Reply 5
Go into a nail salon or have a hair appointment?
Original post by FemaleinDress
And there will be a thread as about things that are socially acceptable as a man not a woman

I would say maybe cry , I feel.like if a man cried people would see it as weakness where as if a woman cried no one would mock her.

Domestic abuse, sexual predation or grooming of young/teenage boys, cat calling, being sexist, voicing issues that only affect your gender without being told that they don't matter.
Hitting partners
Openly leering at the opposite sex
Playing dumb
Acting selfish
Being an open gold digger
Name calling
Stranger schmoozing
Criticising parenting skills
Hair and nail make up
Crying
Loosing temper, throwing a fit

God the list is almost endless
nothing. women can't even breathe at the same time as men
Original post by UGP1023

You could not be further from the truth. Women I know and hear about say that a man who is openly emotional and not in control of his emotions is actually a turn off.
i think no one would do anything if a hot chick slapped a random guys bum but something would happen if a guy did it to girl
this is not going to end well
Original post by Burton Bridge
Hitting partners
Openly leering at the opposite sex
Playing dumb
Acting selfish
Being an open gold digger
Name calling
Stranger schmoozing
Criticising parenting skills
Hair and nail make up
Crying
Loosing temper, throwing a fit

God the list is almost endless

you forgot paedophilia, how many news headlines do you see where it says something along the lines as "teacher has sexual encounter with student" and a pic from the teachers Instagram when it should read "adult molest child"
Gossiping is something I find to be more acceptable among women than man.
Original post by Speak ur mind
You could not be further from the truth. Women I know and hear about say that a man who is openly emotional and not in control of his emotions is actually a turn off.

Well I’m a woman and I mostly only have female friends and I have never ever heard anyone say that.

Huh? I agree with the other user. Personally I like guys who can show me the true emotions they feel than them putting up some front
Bingeing upon caramel shortbread, chocolate truffles and pralines. :tongue:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by UGP1023
Well I’m a woman and I mostly only have female friends and I have never ever heard anyone say that.

Okay. But once when I was in a public gathering and this guy started crying in front of his girl she looked at him with disgust and told him to "grow up". Another example is Amber Heard and Depp.

What women say and what they actually mean is two different things.
Original post by ساره
Huh? I agree with the other user. Personally I like guys who can show me the true emotions they feel than them putting up some front

I am talking from personal experience.
(edited 4 years ago)

mhm, i think women can like something while also not finding it attractive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending