The Student Room Group

Exceptionally Low SJT score review

I just received an email that I need to attend face to face review next week as I did not do well in SJT exam for UK foundation program . Could anyone please advise me how I can prepare for this review? What kind of questions will they ask? Will they ask me questions based on SJT by giving me options just like in the exam paper? I am very worrying about this and struggling. your help is much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have scored exceptionally low on ukfpo sjt and have been called for a review next week. What should I expect. I have chosen a Skype review and am clueless how it would be conducted. Any advice would be appreciated
Original post by Drsav
I have scored exceptionally low on ukfpo sjt and have been called for a review next week. What should I expect. I have chosen a Skype review and am clueless how it would be conducted. Any advice would be appreciated

Hey

sorry to hear that! From my understanding they go through some scenarios to see how you'd act/respond and if are happy with how it goes, you will still be able to work.
I was wondering what was classified as a "low score" this year?
The whole exam is such random luck so try not to overthink it!

Best of luck! hope it goes well for you!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes but there is no guidance as to what I should expect to be asked in the review
Original post by Drsav
Yes but there is no guidance as to what I should expect to be asked in the review

Let me ask my friend (their housemate had a review last year) and see if they can shed some light.

When is the Skype review?
Reply 5
Thanks future doctor for your reply. I messed up the exam as I panicked.
I found some questions in sjt really trick... So was hoping to get some feedback from someone as to what kind of questions were asked and how tricky or straight forward they were. I have opted for Skype interview and am worried if there would be a lapse in communication.
Reply 6
Yes plz. Its Thursday 27
Although I have done the official papers so many times I am still apprehensive as to what more can be done.
Original post by Drsav
Thanks future doctor for your reply. I messed up the exam as I panicked.
I found some questions in sjt really trick... So was hoping to get some feedback from someone as to what kind of questions were asked and how tricky or straight forward they were. I have opted for Skype interview and am worried if there would be a lapse in communication.

Yeah they really were some ambigious and difficult questions.

what do you mean by lapse in communication -as in IT issues or problems over Skype doing it?

Did they give you any feedback on your performance/breakdown ?
Reply 8
No nothing. No feedback. Just lower than 3.5 percent.
I dunno if Skype review such. Good option. There might b it issues and they might think. I am. Not serious enough to travel Bham
Original post by Drsav
No nothing. No feedback. Just lower than 3.5 percent.
I dunno if Skype review such. Good option. There might b it issues and they might think. I am. Not serious enough to travel Bham

How far is the journey? Perhaps its worth going in person if it will worry you less and also don't have to worry about any issues regarding Skype etc.
Reply 10
Did ur friends room mate end up on reserve list. I know I should focus on the review really but it's soo terrifying... The anticipation of the unfathomable doom. Did she have a feeling she will get through after the review.
Reply 11
Original post by FutureDoctor2020
Let me ask my friend (their housemate had a review last year) and see if they can shed some light.

When is the Skype review?

It's 27 February
Original post by Drsav
Did ur friends room mate end up on reserve list. I know I should focus on the review really but it's soo terrifying... The anticipation of the unfathomable doom. Did she have a feeling she will get through after the review.

I have no clue in all honesty as I dont know the person.
Original post by Drsav

its understandable to be terrified but just remember that they want you to get through this. 5 years has been invested for you to be a doctor and thats probably why they offer this review rather than a resit/reapplying a year later.
Perhaps speak to someone at your university and they may be able to share some advice on what to expect and also the outcome of people who have had a review before?
Reply 14
I would really appreciate if anyone posts an experience of a friends friend who has been through the process
Skype should be fine, lots of meetings these days done by skype, and am sure UKFPO will have some technicians available. The important thing really is to remember to think priorities, ethics etc. Make sure you are dressed relatively sensibly [dont have pj on sitting on bed!] and that your skype name and description [if you have one] look professional. I dont think these things are probably scored, but you might as well get a good start.
Good luck.
Original post by hhal20550
I just received an email that I need to attend face to face review next week as I did not do well in SJT exam for UK foundation program . Could anyone please advise me how I can prepare for this review? What kind of questions will they ask? Will they ask me questions based on SJT by giving me options just like in the exam paper? I am very worrying about this and struggling. your help is much appreciated

@Drsav
Original post by hhal20550

I also got this email. Can we get in touch via PM?
Reply 18
Thanks.haricot
Reply 19
oh god so I guess we need to revise our theories too? what are you all planning to prepare for this review? any ideas, suggestions, advise would be really helpful and please share with me whatever info you all have found. many thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending