The Student Room Group

Is anyone applying to Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Rome) for medicine?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lackinglogic
Ahhh! That's great! I think it is fairly easy to get into Cattolica when compared to UK Universities. I applied to them too but didn't have any luck. Good luck to you though! I really hope you get in to all your universities!

thanks! Are you international or home/eu for UK? Where did you apply and did you get any interviews? I messed up last year and did so bad in my UCAT and got 4 pre-interview rejections, but I'm on a gap year and am reapplying this year :smile: Currently waiting to hear back from my unis!
nope. no calculators allowed. The questions involving calculations (as far as I can conclude by the simulator) are fairly easy and doable.

thanks, May I ask what are the other universities that you are applying to
Original post by pseudo123
thanks! Are you international or home/eu for UK? Where did you apply and did you get any interviews? I messed up last year and did so bad in my UCAT and got 4 pre-interview rejections, but I'm on a gap year and am reapplying this year :smile: Currently waiting to hear back from my unis!

I'm an international student. I applied to Oxford (for Biological Sciences), UCL, Lancaster, Leeds (I got an interview here), Brighton and Sussex. I'm on a gap year too but now I'm considering my financial situation as well, so I'm not applying to them again. Good luck, my friend!
Original post by gadandjo1008
thanks, May I ask what are the other universities that you are applying to

I'm applying to Charles (first faculty) and Semmelweis in Hungary. What about you?
I'm applying to Charles (first faculty) and Semmelweis in Hungary. What about you?

I'm applying to LF1, too. What would you do if you get into Cattolica first? Technically, you have to reply to Cattolica's offer by March 9, and LF1's exam is only in May.

Where are you taking Cattolica's test?

I have got into Debrecen, but is also applying to Masaryk (Czech Republic) and Warsaw (Poland).
I didn't get into Charles First faculty.
I have got into Debrecen, but is also applying to Masaryk (Czech Republic) and Warsaw (Poland).

Did you find the test for LF1 too difficult? How did you prepare?
Original post by Anonymous
Did you find the test for LF1 too difficult? How did you prepare?

May I ask what is LF1
May I ask what is LF1

Charles first faculty examination was a bit hard but I got rejected as I didn't do physics well as i haven't taken physics for A levels
Charles first faculty examination was a bit hard but I got rejected as I didn't do physics well as i haven't taken physics for A levels

LF1 is the First Faculty of Medicine. Lekarska Faculta 1 (in Czech). When and where did you take the test?

Debrecen > Cattolica

That's amazing! Sorry about Charles First Faculty but hey, it's probably for the best.
That's amazing! Sorry about Charles First Faculty but hey, it's probably for the best.

:smile:
:smile:

Do you have any idea about Semmelweis University, in terms of teaching and facilities and reputation as well.
Do you have any idea about Semmelweis University, in terms of teaching and facilities and reputation as well.

Reputation wise I was told that in Hungary it is the best medical school, and the toughest to get into as well. As far as the facilities and everything, I am not sure but I'm going to be meeting their alumni in April, I'll update you then :smile:

Just generally, I think Semmelweis is a good university because they've been teaching for 250 years (Idk about the English division) but that's pretty good.
Reputation wise I was told that in Hungary it is the best medical school, and the toughest to get into as well. As far as the facilities and everything, I am not sure but I'm going to be meeting their alumni in April, I'll update you then :smile:

Just generally, I think Semmelweis is a good university because they've been teaching for 250 years (Idk about the English division) but that's pretty good.

thanks
Reply 37

I highly recommand you go to Warsaw instead of the school you already got the offer from. The facilities in Warsaw are much better than in Debrecen. Medicine education does not only depend on studying from books but also hands-on experience, and usually the area that has better ecenomy can have better hospitals. Also, the life quality can be great as well. You have to visit the schools before you make the decision.
How do you guys have access to the simulator? also are the tests really hard?
Original post by Lailaz16_
I am. I've been practicing the online simulator test thing. How about you?Btw, do you know if there are a lot of international students studying at the university?

Hey, i know im replying late, but how can i acess the online simulator for the questions, could you please help me out! if you can, can we please PM?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending