The Student Room Group

Manchester City banned from the Champions League

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Man City and PSG were punished in the past for breaches. I think this time it's a worse punishment, not because they breached the FFP rules but because they lied/were deceitful about the source of funds.

Although I think that the hush-up of the funds was just the final straw, it is a big surprise and a good sign that the UEFA decided to ban City and PSG for these deceitful doings.
Raheem Sterling says Real Madrid are a "fantastic club" but insists he is "really happy" at Manchester City.

Sterling, 25, has been linked with a move to Real following City's two-year ban from European competition.

"Right now I'm at City and I'm really happy. But I say Real Madrid are a fantastic club," Sterling told Spanish outlet AS.

"When you see the white shirt you know exactly what the club stands for, it's massive."

The England international added: "But at the same time, I have a contract with City now and I have to respect this. But it's a fantastic club."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51584080

And so it begins!

Not surprised Sterling is one of the first to start it. You look at how he left Liverpool for Man City so they shouldn't be surprised!
Raheem Sterling says Real Madrid are a "fantastic club" but insists he is "really happy" at Manchester City.

Sterling, 25, has been linked with a move to Real following City's two-year ban from European competition.

"Right now I'm at City and I'm really happy. But I say Real Madrid are a fantastic club," Sterling told Spanish outlet AS.

"When you see the white shirt you know exactly what the club stands for, it's massive."

The England international added: "But at the same time, I have a contract with City now and I have to respect this. But it's a fantastic club."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51584080

And so it begins!

Not surprised Sterling is one of the first to start it. You look at how he left Liverpool for Man City so they shouldn't be surprised!

There is no player loyalty as they are not fans of the club but merely employees and like everyone else always on a look out for a better opportunity. I remember Nicholas Anelka of Arsenal made a huge killing by getting himself transferred to so many clubs in is career. His brother was his agent and received % of transfer fee.
And so it begins!

Clubs don't care about players, so why should players care about clubs?

Quick Reply

Latest