The Student Room Group

Will I be drug tested at uni?

Whether it's from the finance services or the university itself, should I be expecting them to ask to be drug tested?
I wouldn't think so? Unless your course has some weird specific requirement (pharmacy?) but no, it's certainly not standard.
Original post by Anonymous
Whether it's from the finance services or the university itself, should I be expecting them to ask to be drug tested?

Highly unlikely, why would they?
I've not experienced this before or know of anybody that has... However, if you are suspected or reported for taking drugs you could be asked to perform a drugs test, and this might be course specific (medicine, nursing, pharmacy).

I highly recommend not to take any illegal drugs, and then you have no need to worry:u:
I doubt it, unless you've given them a reason to need to do one.
Reply 5
Original post by Scarlettseaman1
Highly unlikely, why would they?

idk probably just paranoia
I'm guessing you're worried because you take illegal drugs.

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine the answer is no. Only people who were well-known junkies were ever drug tested at my school, I doubt the case is any different for Uni.

If the drug you are taking is making you paranoid then you probably should try to quit. I have no issue with weed at all but if it's always giving you negative effects, that's your body telling you it doesn't like it.
Reply 7

In my four years at uni, I was never drug tested.

And given the drug culture at university...they'd be testing a lot of people
idk probably just paranoia

Don't worry about it, it should all be okay :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
In my four years at uni, I was never drug tested.

should you have been? :beard:
I've never heard of this happening tbh
Reply 11
Original post by Glaz
should you have been? :beard:

Never dabbled at university even though I had the opportunity to :angel:
The majority of people at uni do weed, ecstasy or ket if they tested people they'd have no students left :lol:
Original post by FTheOpps
The majority of people at uni do weed, ecstasy or ket if they tested people they'd have no students left :lol:

Some serious staffing problems too :rolleyes:
Original post by StriderHort
Some serious staffing problems too :rolleyes:

If it helps them teach who are we to question their methods :colone:

Jeez no! We don't have the Stasi, you know.
No... you won't be drug tested at university. Funny question, though.

Joshua

Quick Reply

Latest