The Student Room Group

Deputy Programme's Manager saw my Linkedin? - Warwick

I've been waiting for an answer on WBS for my MSC in Finance. It's been a month since Ive applied and today when I checked my LinkedIn I saw (a day ago) that this person dug a bit on my profile.

Have this happened to you? Is it a good sign? What are your thoughts? Is this part of the "Initial Assessment"?

Ps, my application is still "under consideration - initial assessment"
(edited 4 years ago)
It’s better than nobody being interested in you! You are on there to get noticed and you have been noticed. It’s all good.

Just be patient and something good will surely come your way xx
Reply 2
It's a blatant invasion of privacy tbh.
Original post by Oxford Mum
It’s better than nobody being interested in you! You are on there to get noticed and you have been noticed. It’s all good.

Just be patient and something good will surely come your way xx

Thank you! Yes, being patient is the only road to success at this moment. It just seemed super out of the blue that being an applicant, someone from the board (Finance board... and in charge of approving applications) publicly went to my LinkedIn.. I would think if they do this to every applicant (Around 1.5k) they would do it in a private mode...

Thank you! :smile:
It is better than being ignored
Original post by Oxford Mum
It is better than being ignored

I couldn't have said it better myself!
Reply 6
Original post by Chocca
It's a blatant invasion of privacy tbh.

How so? Hiring managers often check candidates who peaked their interest on linkedin when they apply for a job (many do so to compare with CV to find inconsistencies in date, job title etc ), its very normal. It becomes an invasion of privacy if they demand access to any other more personal social media outlet (e.g. instagram, facebook).
Exactly, consider them well and truly piqued...
Original post by kkboyk
How so? Hiring managers often check candidates who peaked their interest on linkedin when they apply for a job (many do so to compare with CV to find inconsistencies in date, job title etc ), its very normal. It becomes an invasion of privacy if they demand access to any other more personal social media outlet (e.g. instagram, facebook).

Agree. My social media is private and very limited.

My LinkdeIn vs my CV is very summarized, I dont put my full titles, I like to keep it simple for engines searches but in my CV I do put the title.. Do you think is an error?

For example, my title on my CV is Credit trade and associate business analyst but in my LinkedIn I only put "Analyst". I dont think this would hurt my application.. would it?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by IBFinancegirl
Agree. My social media is private and very limited.

My LinkdeIn vs my CV is very summarized, I dont put my full titles, I like to keep it simple for engines searches but in my CV I do put the title.. Do you think is an error?

For example, my title on my CV is Credit trade and associate business analyst but in my LinkedIn I only put "Analyst". I dont think this would hurt my application.. would it?

No it wont it's trivial, though I'd recommend having very similar summary below the title. Good luck though, wish you the best.
Original post by kkboyk
No it wont it's trivial, though I'd recommend having very similar summary below the title. Good luck though, wish you the best.

The summary from my cv vs lindkein is basically the same. :smile: Thank you!!
Reply 11
It's okay not to agree on this. I think applications should be studied on their own merits and not through someone prying into your personal networking accounts. But hey, I'm old-fashioned.
Original post by Chocca
It's okay not to agree on this. I think applications should be studied on their own merits and not through someone prying into your personal networking accounts. But hey, I'm old-fashioned.

but... LinkedIn is not a personal networking account, it is a public professional one.

I agree with going through my instagram or facebook but LinkedIn is different.
Reply 13
Why did you post the thread then? Lol
Because I wanted to see if any other person has had this while waiting for the school decision and if they were accepted/refused afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending