The Student Room Group

What was the meanest thing that someone has said about your appearance?

A family member called me fat even though I'm really not (5' at 46kg. 16 years old) then got mad at me when I looked hurt by it. Then, they said my skin looked awful and I have too much acne. I can't help but hate everything about myself and feel like I have to be skinnier in order for people to accept for who I am. What was the meanest thing that someone has said about your appearance?

Scroll to see replies

My whole life I've had issues with food, my family nicknamed me 'big legs' up until the point I was anorexic. People at school called me shrek, fiona, ogre, threw racial slurs at me constantly and made fun of my nose, calling me a pig or a gorilla. Kids these days can be so awful, but it's best not to let them affect you.
Original post by Anonymous
A family member called me fat even though I'm really not (5' at 46kg. 16 years old) then got mad at me when I looked hurt by it. Then, they said my skin looked awful and I have too much acne. I can't help but hate everything about myself and feel like I have to be skinnier in order for people to accept for who I am. What was the meanest thing that someone has said about your appearance?

Guy trying to chat me up once asked if I was a man or a woman (I had short hair like Princess Diana at the time).

Guess how successful he was... :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by Oxford Mum
Guy trying to chat me up once asked if I was a man or a woman (I had short hair like Princess Diana at the time).

Guess how successful he was... :rolleyes:

Someone on TSR once gave me some advice which was to ask If I was unsure if a woman was trans or not.

I decided not to follow the advice as I knew it would most likely offend.

Looks like I was right........
I guess it was kinda about my appearance but once someone called me unlovable and has stuck with me for along while now, I think it was because I am quite awkward when it comes to love, as in I don't know hwo to act and when I do act it's very awkward in the sense of touching as I'm worried of doing something wrong. I am also just very hard to love as I've been hurt by everyone I have loved.
Because I'm trying to tell my family and make then understand that I'm gay.

My siblings tell me that I look like a man. And that I need plastic surgery. I'm told my intentions are ugly (me being gay apprently is a choice) ans my appearance is ugly :frown:
A girl called me ugly once. Which was weird since the day before she was praising my looks and calling me "really handsome". Meh. I don't really care. She's probably bipolar.
I look like the slithereen from Sarah Jane adventures. Over 70 people called me that.
Original post by MoonlightRain
I look like the slithereen from Sarah Jane adventures. Over 70 people called me that.

All 70 can't be wrong...
All 70 can't be wrong...

They were really just referring to my teeth. but still very hurtful thing to say to a 14 year old.
some kid said to me that when im getting married the women wont kiss me referring to my big lips
technically not about my appearance but:

few years ago when i got jumped and mugged by a gang, i called the police. i explained to them i was on the floor covering my head as they were beating me and the police officer said "oh, so you were cowering". i mean, she was technically right but that hit me hard. it has bothered me ever since
(edited 4 years ago)
This was more an indirect insult, but when I was in my early teens, I wasn't the greatest looking guy. I was playing pool with a friend I made on holiday when these girls kept looking over in my direction and giving me dirty looks. One of them came over and asked if I would go out with one of the other girls. They all started laughing and continued to give me hackies. So obv I said no.

In year 7, some older student randomly commented that I had a big nose. I replied with ''At least it's not as big as the gap between your teeth'' (could've fit a plane through those things no joke).

My ''mates'' in secondary school used to comment that I had a big forehead. Made me proper insecure it did.
'meathead'
Original post by Jack22031994
'meathead'

why 'meathead'?
why 'meathead'?

because its big idk

Had a condition when I was 10 that made my brain swell up
Reply 16
Lad in primary school kept calling me fat for about 3 months (I wasn't back then!), so in the end I did what me Da told me to and just knocked him out

Nobody has been brave enough to insult my appearance to my face for years, not that I'd care now
someone once told me my hair looks like rat tails (i'm a black girl who normally has my hair in box braids)
Where do i start? I have been bullied for over 12 years haha.
I'm not sure. Um, I'm still quite bothered by a teacher who said my hands were disgusting (and other variations of this, she commented frequently, this all happened well over a decade ago now). My hands are a bit deformed, but not like I can change that. I was born like that and it's related to my genetic condition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending