The Student Room Group

Living with gf 50% of the time,does it count as living away from home ?

Hi, so i'm going into uni for my second year and i spend 4 out of 7 days at my gf's place, does this count as living away ? i was thinking to apply for maintenance loan as living away from home to help her out with bills and such. My main question is, i won't have any contract with her or documents other then bank transfers to her account, if i get asked for proof that i'm living away will that be okay ?
Original post by ToyPancake
Hi, so i'm going into uni for my second year and i spend 4 out of 7 days at my gf's place, does this count as living away ? i was thinking to apply for maintenance loan as living away from home to help her out with bills and such. My main question is, i won't have any contract with her or documents other then bank transfers to her account, if i get asked for proof that i'm living away will that be okay ?

Hi

Will your name be on the bills, will your post be sent to your parents home or to your girlfriends home. Where will you be registered on the electoral roll?

If you class yourself as living with your girlfriend, not with your parents then you should state you are living elsewhere to apply for the higher loan. SFE do audits so it’s important to be honest and accurate so your loan isn’t affected.
Reply 2
Original post by murpo
Hi

Will your name be on the bills, will your post be sent to your parents home or to your girlfriends home. Where will you be registered on the electoral roll?

My name won't be on any of the bills, and post will still be sent to my parents house, everything will still be at my home address with parents since I'll be back over the weekends.

This is that part that worries me, since I feel like student finance might not see this as living away and think I'm lying since i won't have any contract or tenant agreement, I'm just giving the money straight to my gf.
My name won't be on any of the bills, and post will still be sent to my parents house, everything will still be at my home address with parents since I'll be back over the weekends.

This is that part that worries me, since I feel like student finance might not see this as living away and think I'm lying since i won't have any contract or tenant agreement, I'm just giving the money straight to my gf.

In that case, I class you as living with your parents and visiting your girlfriends home.

Lol stop trying to be a scammer dude.

LIVING means the landlord accepted your application, you use the address to apply for other things and you passed the background check using that address (bank, job, school, a license); you put that address on your work documents for tax purposes so the government can find you, and that you accept post and mail at this address for at least a month lol

Having a sleepover at your girls house does not count mate.
Don’t be silly.

Hi Toy,
You are classed as living with your parents.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending