The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by otterly102
Neuroscience, so semi-related! How about you?

Thats amazing and really hard so congrats!!
Mine is in Clinical Science, its a bit of a mix of medicine, pharmacy and biomed modules.
Neuroscience really helps with all of the physiology and patholgoy stuff as my current focus is on neuropathology
Original post by badhand45
Thats amazing and really hard so congrats!!
Mine is in Clinical Science, its a bit of a mix of medicine, pharmacy and biomed modules.
Neuroscience really helps with all of the physiology and patholgoy stuff as my current focus is on neuropathology

Oh cool! Sounds really interesting and definitely got some great modules for med :h: we’ve got this!
Does anyone have any idea when offer holder days are?
Reply 43
Original post by username020234
Does anyone have any idea when offer holder days are?

They will be in March but the exact dates will be sent to you in an email which will hopefully be sent out to you in the next week or so
Original post by ENR123
They will be in March but the exact dates will be sent to you in an email which will hopefully be sent out to you in the next week or so

Thank you.
Original post by KawaiiCupcake
on the portal page it says you can only apply for accommodation after you've accepted a place. not great for me cos Cardiff is my first choice and I still have one more interview to go and no offers (except Cardiff of course). I hope I can still get taly even if its first come first served

Original post by Anna191817
Haha same - Cardiff is the only medicine offer I’ve had so far

If Cardiff is your first choice, and you know that is definately where you want to go, and you have an offer from them, then you may as well Firm Cardiff now. That way you will be at the front of the queue regarding accommodation. I take it the other uni's you are waiting on are likely to be your insurance place.
Reply 46
Hi guys if I haven't messaged you yet to say individual congratulations and advice please give this message a like don't want to miss anyone out! :smile:
Original post by badhand45
Hi there. I am a graduate applicant who is also 23 so there is at least one other person in your position!

me too! I'm 22 and going onto the A104 course so a year behind you both! hope there's a few in our position lol x
Original post by Jtohunt
If Cardiff is your first choice, and you know that is definately where you want to go, and you have an offer from them, then you may as well Firm Cardiff now. That way you will be at the front of the queue regarding accommodation. I take it the other uni's you are waiting on are likely to be your insurance place.

yh the problem is ucas won't let you do anything until you've got all your decisions already
Original post by ENR123
Just to let you all know I have a medicine blog which will support you for the coming months if you search it Cardiff university student bloggers it will come up and more than happy to discuss questions you have from it on here!

Hey so I think Cardiff is going to be my insurance choice behind QUB. I was wondering what the first year schedule is like and if it’s easy enough to find a part time job and I’m originally from Ireland
Original post by ENR123
Hi guys if I haven't messaged you yet to say individual congratulations and advice please give this message a like don't want to miss anyone out! :smile:

Hi, do you think its manageable to have a part time job whilst studying? I know first year (particularly their first few months) are intense from speaking to some students there, so should I just hold off until I’m settled in?
Note: just saw the question above sorry
Reply 51
So first term is busier where you learn core anatomy (full body dissection!) and core physiology which helps to ease you into self directed learning then second term you start case based learning where you go on placement once a week it's really nice structure new case every 2 weeks and you don't even realise how much you learn just from first year alone it's great!
Original post by gracie11
me too! I'm 22 and going onto the A104 course so a year behind you both! hope there's a few in our position lol x

Best of luck! If you need any help with any science content such as chemistry feel free to ask! I struggled with it at A level and only got the hang of it during my degree lol x
Original post by ENR123
So first term is busier where you learn core anatomy (full body dissection!) and core physiology which helps to ease you into self directed learning then second term you start case based learning where you go on placement once a week it's really nice structure new case every 2 weeks and you don't even realise how much you learn just from first year alone it's great!

Ah I loved doing cadaveric dissection during Biomed, can’t wait to do it all again! I was amazed how quickly I learnt all the anatomy, defo a big plus of Cardiff medical school.
Anyone with offers received any letters in the post from cardiff?
Reply 55
Original post by 10161002
Hi, do you think its manageable to have a part time job whilst studying? I know first year (particularly their first few months) are intense from speaking to some students there, so should I just hold off until I’m settled in?
Note: just saw the question above sorry

To answer this bit about the job I would say yeah like you said in the first term it is harder and would suggest taking the time to settle in but once you start case based learning definitely chance to work. The students union also have a great scheme called Jobshop where you can pick up casual work such as working in shops in SU, open days etc. I've found it really useful to make bits of money to help pay for driving lessons 😭
Reply 56
Hi
I have got an offer from Cardiff and it is AAA
Does cardiff gives reduce grade offer on firming?
Thanks
Reply 57
Original post by drstup
Hi
I have got an offer from Cardiff and it is AAA
Does cardiff gives reduce grade offer on firming?
Thanks

Hi there congratulations! And no they don't :smile:
Original post by ENR123
To answer this bit about the job I would say yeah like you said in the first term it is harder and would suggest taking the time to settle in but once you start case based learning definitely chance to work. The students union also have a great scheme called Jobshop where you can pick up casual work such as working in shops in SU, open days etc. I've found it really useful to make bits of money to help pay for driving lessons 😭

Can you advise what sort of work the first term entails? I’m on a gap year so have been working in social care rather than studying academically. I want to enjoy the first term too, making friends etc. Is there anything I can do later in the summer to prepare for first term so it isn’t too much of a work shock?
Reply 59
Original post by username020234
Can you advise what sort of work the first term entails? I’m on a gap year so have been working in social care rather than studying academically. I want to enjoy the first term too, making friends etc. Is there anything I can do later in the summer to prepare for first term so it isn’t too much of a work shock?

The first term covers some core anatomy and physiology - it does recap some A level content the aim of it is to make sure everyone is on the same foundation before you start case based learning. Honestly enjoy your year/summer will be one of the longest breaks you'll ever had you will feel well equipped by the end of first term

Latest

Trending

Trending