The Student Room Group

Need help with revision

I am on yr 10 and im revising for my exams in may, any heads up of what i should be expecting. Mostly english,maths,science. and any revision tips
What tips do you want specifically?
Reply 2
Create a revision timetable stick to it
use the resources you have
I like cgp books since they condense important information into simple points.
Also practise exam questions for english and maths - that will help
Past papers?
Reply 4
Original post by PetitePanda
What tips do you want specifically?

any usefull tips or revisions source thats helped you
Reply 5
ok thank you
Reply 6
Original post by parii_xd
Create a revision timetable stick to it
use the resources you have
I like cgp books since they condense important information into simple points.
Also practise exam questions for english and maths - that will help

that sounds great thanks for your help
[quote=Dog:)[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace][excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];87377454]any usefull tips or revisions source thats helped you

You should get used to doing stuff in exam conditions so you can go through the whole paper without stressing out about time and you write everything in time. You should also remember you dont need to do so many hours but you need to do it constantly/ every day. Pay attention in class and work to your hardest effort in all of them and you will find it less hard. USE YOUR TEACHERS if you are stuck with anything - Good luck fo your GCSE

For the English Language, work on your exam techniques; maybe a do a paper and give it to your teacher for feedback. For English Lit, definitely learn what the themes are and practice yourself constantly to remember some of the quotes for the themes, characters and important events that are relevant. York notes and CGP are good for english lit revision guides. Mr Bruff and Mr Salles are good youtube channels for both.

For Maths, Revision guides are useless in my opinion for it so I would just look at past papers and any questions you can get your hands on. If you get stuck on a question, ask your maths teacher in your own time to explain it to you. Look for the recent ones in your examboard then go to physicsandmathstutor. You could try mathswatch but idk if the answers are accessible.

For science, CGP revision guides are a god send, especially with practicals. Make flashcards for formulas and definitions. Freesciencelessons are good video resources. After you feel quite knowledgeable, try past papers and when you're closer to a mock or the actual exams, have a more emphasis on doing past papers.
Reply 8
Original post by PetitePanda
You should get used to doing stuff in exam conditions so you can go through the whole paper without stressing out about time and you write everything in time. You should also remember you dont need to do so many hours but you need to do it constantly/ every day. Pay attention in class and work to your hardest effort in all of them and you will find it less hard. USE YOUR TEACHERS if you are stuck with anything - Good luck fo your GCSE

For the English Language, work on your exam techniques; maybe a do a paper and give it to your teacher for feedback. For English Lit, definitely learn what the themes are and practice yourself constantly to remember some of the quotes for the themes, characters and important events that are relevant. York notes and CGP are good for english lit revision guides. Mr Bruff and Mr Salles are good youtube channels for both.

For Maths, Revision guides are useless in my opinion for it so I would just look at past papers and any questions you can get your hands on. If you get stuck on a question, ask your maths teacher in your own time to explain it to you. Look for the recent ones in your examboard then go to physicsandmathstutor. You could try mathswatch but idk if the answers are accessible.

For science, CGP revision guides are a god send, especially with practicals. Make flashcards for formulas and definitions. Freesciencelessons are good video resources. After you feel quite knowledgeable, try past papers and when you're closer to a mock or the actual exams, have a more emphasis on doing past papers.

OK thanks that actually really helps.

Quick Reply

Latest