The Student Room Group

York vs. Exeter vs. Sheffield

Hi everyone! As an international student applying for Business Management... which university (York, Exeter, Sheffield) would you choose? Regardless of the program’s, I seek to be close both the city and uni. Sport within the uni and living nearby is important. Any comment is welcome. Thank you people!
(edited 4 years ago)
Exeter ! Very prestigious business school .
Reply 2
York has a new building for business management but it’s located on campus west. If you’re going to love on campus east you will have to travel there which is around 20 minute walk but there is a free bus. On campus west you got a really nice gym. And a campus is located around 20 minutes on the bus from the town centre. If you have any specific questions just ask 👍
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sgcooke
Hi everyone! As an international student applying for Business Management... which university (York, Exeter, Sheffield) would you choose? Regardless of the program’s, I seek to be close both the city and uni. Sport within the uni and living nearby is important. Any comment is welcome. Thank you people!

Hi there,

If you're interested in being close to the city and the University, then York could be a great choice for you. York is a campus university, which means that it's separate to the city, while still being close by. This means that you can get the best of both worlds of campus vs. city living. Our accommodation is also located on our campus, so you'll never be far from your department, regardless of which college you're in, as everything is a short walk or quick free bus ride away. You might find our campus map helpful for understanding the layout. York city centre is also only a half an hour walk away and there are also plenty of buses into the city if you'd prefer not to walk.

In terms of sport, we have two gyms available - one on each campus. We also have a wealth of sporting opportunities, with college sports clubs and teams, as well as university level clubs and teams.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about York!

Steph :h:
Reply 4
Definitely Exeter
Reply 5
Original post by Film
Definitely Exeter

You mean that because of something in particular? Thanks for the answer 👍
Reply 6
Original post by gabs789
York has a new building for business management but it’s located on campus west. If you’re going to love on campus east you will have to travel there which is around 20 minute walk but there is a free bus. On campus west you got a really nice gym. And a campus is located around 20 minutes on the bus from the town centre. If you have any specific questions just ask 👍

Thank you for the info, it’s very helpful 👍 York is a good choice. About Exeter, do you know something about accommodation or have you heard comments about this uni?
Reply 7
Original post by sgcooke
Thank you for the info, it’s very helpful 👍 York is a good choice. About Exeter, do you know something about accommodation or have you heard comments about this uni?

No unfortunately I haven’t heard much about Exeter and uni there I only heard people calling it a village that’s all I don’t know how accurate it is.
Reply 8
Exeter's a mini city. it's a lot further south than york/sheffield though so you might find the weather a couple degrees warmer lmao. the uni's 25% international students so quite a vibrant community there. can't say much on York and Sheffield though since never been
Reply 9
Original post by Arima
Exeter's a mini city. it's a lot further south than york/sheffield though so you might find the weather a couple degrees warmer lmao. the uni's 25% international students so quite a vibrant community there. can't say much on York and Sheffield though since never been

So if I get it right I might get a bit bored in Exeter as it is a small town but the climate is an advantage. York... who knows if it’s cold with snow and a lack of sun. Hard choice but thank you for helping 👍👍
Hi, I live about 1 hour away from Exeter and have also applied there. Exeter is a small city, however you won't be bored as it has great shopping and leisure facilities. Also it is only a short journey away from the beautiful coastline and also Dartmoor national park is nearby which is also amazing:smile:
Original post by sgcooke

Exeter - highly rated business school and an amazing fairly new sports centre used by the England rugby team for prep for the world cup [so really professional standard]. Good range of halls for the first year and a beautiful campus. Much warmer than York or Sheffield!
Original post by sgcooke
So if I get it right I might get a bit bored in Exeter as it is a small town but the climate is an advantage. York... who knows if it’s cold with snow and a lack of sun. Hard choice but thank you for helping 👍👍

You won't be bored - loads to do and you are near the coast in the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending