The Student Room Group

A2 is too hard for me

A2 sociology is too hard for me, we had to do homework which is basically defining concepts but I looked at general definitions of concepts and not actual characteristics! I got some of it but not others. Is dropping out to do a btec an option?
Maybe ask your school if you are able to do so?
how have you been coping with the subject in general though?? this is just one piece of homework you seem to be struggling with.
Reply 3
Original post by entertainmyfaith
how have you been coping with the subject in general though?? this is just one piece of homework you seem to be struggling with.

I haven’t been coping since last year February in sociology and March I got sick so everything went wrong (my other 2 subjects went wrong). I took a risk with sociology at A level, I was pressurised to pick it by my tutor as she thought it would go better for me than RS would (because it’s philosophical and judging by English language grade I wouldn’t be good at it). I made a deal with my tutor and said if I pass sociology at AS (goes on ucas as it’s an external exam) I carry on with A level, fail then leave altogether. I carried on because the exam result was surprisingly good. It’s just not going well in class and this one subject is really damaging my health and dragging my other subjects down.
Reply 4

If we were told to look at characteristics then I definitely would have got it, I know teachers aren’t there to spoon feed you though, we are supposed to KNOW this, we are supposed to know to look for characteristics and not general definitions of key words. I am not the only person In my class having this problem though,
Reply 5

It didn’t go well with gcse sociology so how would A level go well?
Original post by Anonymous
I haven’t been coping since last year February in sociology and March I got sick so everything went wrong (my other 2 subjects went wrong). I took a risk with sociology at A level, I was pressurised to pick it by my tutor as she thought it would go better for me than RS would (because it’s philosophical and judging by English language grade I wouldn’t be good at it). I made a deal with my tutor and said if I pass sociology at AS (goes on ucas as it’s an external exam) I carry on with A level, fail then leave altogether. I carried on because the exam result was surprisingly good. It’s just not going well in class and this one subject is really damaging my health and dragging my other subjects down.

have you talked to your tutor/teachers about your issues?? you sound like you may be struggling to catch up with work you've missed?:redface:

Original post by Anonymous
If we were told to look at characteristics then I definitely would have got it, I know teachers aren’t there to spoon feed you though, we are supposed to KNOW this, we are supposed to know to look for characteristics and not general definitions of key words. I am not the only person In my class having this problem though,

you said you manage to get some of the hw correct so you're not completely gone. if other people are struggling too, could be it possibly be an issue with the teaching style?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending