The Student Room Group

Tips for GYG

I find these GYG so fun to look at and I was wondering if I should do one to help me with me A levels. Does anyone know tips or what to include, especially for the first post?
goals for the year? I always include my studying to do lists on mine as well
Original post by mpaprika
goals for the year? I always include my studying to do lists on mine as well

Like what I'm trying to aim for for AS as well from at the end of A-levels?
Original post by PetitePanda

Yeah, along with prior achievements and future career plans?

yeah, so I wrote what a levels I'm doing and my predicted grades as well as what I want to get. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6094702&page=8 (so you know what I'm on about)
Original post by 5hyl33n
Yeah, along with prior achievements and future career plans?

Ohh like GCSEs? Thank you but Idk what about my career plans expect for uni - that's for future me to find out :biggrin:
Ohh like GCSEs? Thank you but Idk what about my career plans expect for uni - that's for future me to find out :biggrin:

Yeah, GCSE’s are a good thing to put on. Can’t wait to see your GYG!
yeah, so I wrote what a levels I'm doing and my predicted grades as well as what I want to get. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6094702&page=8 (so you know what I'm on about)

Ohhh thank you for the example I understand. Also, your grades are so impressive and congrats on getting them and 2nd place in those things :smile: Good luck with your a levels too btw
Original post by 5hyl33n
Yeah, GCSE’s are a good thing to put on. Can’t wait to see your GYG!

Thank you so much :smile: Do you have a GYG as well
Ohhh thank you for the example I understand. Also, your grades are so impressive and congrats on getting them and 2nd place in those things :smile: Good luck with your a levels too btw

awh thanks! :smile: best of luck in yours too xx
awh thanks! :smile: best of luck in yours too xx

Thank you :h:
Thank you so much :smile: Do you have a GYG as well

No, I don’t! I think I will end up spending more time on TSR, if I create one! A GYG also requires a lot of dedication.
Original post by 5hyl33n
No, I don’t! I think I will end up spending more time on TSR, if I create one! A GYG also requires a lot of dedication.

Aww if you do tag me - I would love to see it :smile: I'm such an addict on TSR. I hope that this GYG will make me focus on my a levels
I'm in y11 but make sure to include plenty of photos and check out the topic of the GYG forum page where EvilHomer explains what he'd suggest.

Hope you enjoy blogging! :smile:
Original post by TakeALittleWalk
I'm in y11 but make sure to include plenty of photos and check out the topic of the GYG forum page where EvilHomer explains what he'd suggest.

Hope you enjoy blogging! :smile:

Thank you so much. What kind of photos? I'll look at it right now - Thanks :biggrin:
Yeah dedication wise it is quite tuff... I guess one important tip is that you need to always remember that it's your own gyg. Go at your own pace coz it might feel like a burden once everything starts piling up. N e ways hope you have fun! :heart:
Original post by FlawlessChicken
Yeah dedication wise it is quite tuff... I guess one important tip is that you need to always remember that it's your own gyg. Go at your own pace coz it might feel like a burden once everything starts piling up. N e ways hope you have fun! :heart:

Thank you - i'll keep that in mind. What do you normally post in your posts after the OP? Thank you I will have fun :smile:
Thank you - i'll keep that in mind. What do you normally post in your posts after the OP? Thank you I will have fun :smile:

I strucutre mine so it normally goes a little something like:

intro - really significant things + mood
my lessons/schoolwork
some extra little stuff

hope that helps
Original post by FlawlessChicken
I strucutre mine so it normally goes a little something like:

intro - really significant things + mood
my lessons/schoolwork
some extra little stuff

hope that helps

Thank you so much, it did help :smile: