The Student Room Group

I like math and economics

What uni courses are good for me?
Mathematics with Economics, Economics with Mathematics, Economics and Mathematics ...
Hey!

I'm Charlie, one of Lancaster University's student ambassadors on here. I'm currently in my 2nd year of a degree in Finance & Economics, basically 50% Accounting & Finance modules with 50% Economics modules.

I really like how the 2 element of my degree compliment each other. All of my modules have some sort of a mathematical element at some point. I would really recommend my degree to anyone in your situation.

Here is a link to more details about my degree:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/finance-and-economics-bsc-hons-nl31/

I hope this was helpful!

If you have any more questions about courses or about Lancaster in general be sure to let me know.

Charlie
Original post by Tickles77
What uni courses are good for me?

Economics (perhaps a BSc as opposed to a BA)
Economics with a stronger focus on econometric's in other words.

Others potentially:
maths & finance
maths & economics
Are you more interested in pure maths or applied maths?

If you're more interested in applied maths, then you could go for a straight Economics course which has more mathematical emphasis (I know the Cambridge economics course is quite mathematical) or a joint Economics and Mathematics course. A straight Mathematics course is more suited if you're more interested in maths for its own sake, although there's plenty of opportunity to do modules in related applied subjects such as economics or physics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending