The Student Room Group

Need advice

I’m 18 (Male) now and I get very lonely now. I did have a relationship but it wasn’t much of a relationship just a meet and shag thing. Everyone around me seems to have a relationship now and then there’s me.

But now I don’t want a emotionally detached relationship, I want some to be there for and they be there for me. Someone to care for me is all I want now but struggle at finding it.

I don’t want to try a dating app because:

1) I’m too nervous
2) I’d rather meet someone in person

But I just seem to suck at starting conversations and don’t have the balls to start them either. And especially now I could just do with someone there by my side and tell me it’s all gonna be alright. I know it all sounds cheesy and it is but I just can’t seem to stop thinking about it. Please could anyone give me advice on where to start from, thank you.
Reply 1
Where have u been my whole life😊 aww your cute🥰 start talking to more people and gain the confidence that would help u talk to people more easily. Show people that your available and just show how your presence really does make others happy and comforting.

Honestly just be yourself. Don’t change the way u act or anything just be yourself. If people don’t like u who cares there are still more people out there. Never change for anyone it’s not worth it. Remember to be yourself and don’t let anyone get in the way of your happiness.

I really do hope u find someone. Take it easy. Don’t rush, u don’t need a girl to be sorted. You do you and don’t think that u need someone to feel happy. Just remember never place the word “love” or “happiness” on a certain individual cause if it all goes down -god forbid- u will feel like you’ve lost everything.

Once again I hope u find someone worth your time. Good luck. Much love❤️🥰
Reply 2
Original post by Nazz69
Where have u been my whole life😊 aww your cute🥰 start talking to more people and gain the confidence that would help u talk to people more easily. Show people that your available and just show how your presence really does make others happy and comforting.

Honestly just be yourself. Don’t change the way u act or anything just be yourself. If people don’t like u who cares there are still more people out there. Never change for anyone it’s not worth it. Remember to be yourself and don’t let anyone get in the way of your happiness.

I really do hope u find someone. Take it easy. Don’t rush, u don’t need a girl to be sorted. You do you and don’t think that u need someone to feel happy. Just remember never place the word “love” or “happiness” on a certain individual cause if it all goes down -god forbid- u will feel like you’ve lost everything.

Once again I hope u find someone worth your time. Good luck. Much love❤️🥰

Thank you for the kind response but honestly I kinda do at this point need someone to make me happy I’m just sick of not having plans and no one to accompany but once again thank you
Hmu :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the kind response but honestly I kinda do at this point need someone to make me happy I’m just sick of not having plans and no one to accompany but once again thank you

Start talking to more people, like I said previously make yourself available and get yourself out there. And no worries Im always here just pm me if you wanna talk x
Reply 5
Original post by Nazz69
Start talking to more people, like I said previously make yourself available and get yourself out there. And no worries Im always here just pm me if you wanna talk x

:s-smilie: Thank you for the advice now time for step one. Finding a pair to go talk to people I don’t know :eek:
Reply 6
Original post by blueberrybowl
Hmu :smile:

Too much of a wimp to sorry
Too much of a wimp to sorry

What have you got to lose?
Reply 8
Original post by blueberrybowl
What have you got to lose?

I dunno really but I’m just bit of wimp really
I dunno really but I’m just bit of wimp really

Well messaging some random girls on the internet might help boost your confidence, which could help with your problem x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending