The Student Room Group

is this why she's ignoring me?

Hi, I'm a year 14 (i.e. re-doing one year of sixth form) and all my friends have left school.

so me and this girl were both walking to class, different classes, and she didn't know how to open the door so I opened it for her and talked to her cos it was super awkward.

Then we started talking and she asked me a really creepy question about if I was finally going to university (I didn't know the girl) so I just said yes and moved on with the conversation. The conversation was pretty normal and I asked for her snapchat at the end cos I needed to make some friends and we were heading off to different classes.

I message her a couple hours after the end of class asking if she wanted to borrow some of my notes cos she said she was behind on class, she politely said no and then I asked if she would mind helping me out with my UCAS stuff since I had no idea what was going on. She didn't open the message for 4 weeks..she also didn't add me back on snapchat.

In this time I make some other friends in the year below and they tell me she doesn't talk to guys and no-one likes her, so my friends in my year group asked me for her snapchat and said to see if she would add them, she did..they don't know her and have never spoken to her..?

The only reason I can think of her treating me so poorly is me not being physically attractive? I haven't done anything to her and I've only tried being friends? I'm so confused on why she'd be so rude and disrespectful?
She sees me nearly every day in school as well..?

Scroll to see replies

I doubt anyone is ignoring you because the way you look.

What's your school like in terms of social hierarchy? Is she more 'popular' than you?

This could be one of the possible reasons. Or, she might just not like you!
It might be because she likes you. She might be shy. She sounds very shy, thats all its likely to be. Its often opposite of what they mean to do.
Reply 3
Original post by KittyGurl
I doubt anyone is ignoring you because the way you look.

What's your school like in terms of social hierarchy? Is she more 'popular' than you?

This could be one of the possible reasons. Or, she might just not like you!

No I'm more popular than her rn lol
err I mean she doesn't really have a reason to dislike?? Idk I felt like I was as polite as possible, it's hard making friends after not having to for 7 years lol
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm a year 14 (i.e. re-doing one year of sixth form) and all my friends have left school.

so me and this girl were both walking to class, different classes, and she didn't know how to open the door so I opened it for her and talked to her cos it was super awkward.

Then we started talking and she asked me a really creepy question about if I was finally going to university (I didn't know the girl) so I just said yes and moved on with the conversation. The conversation was pretty normal and I asked for her snapchat at the end cos I needed to make some friends and we were heading off to different classes.

I message her a couple hours after the end of class asking if she wanted to borrow some of my notes cos she said she was behind on class, she politely said no and then I asked if she would mind helping me out with my UCAS stuff since I had no idea what was going on. She didn't open the message for 4 weeks..she also didn't add me back on snapchat.

In this time I make some other friends in the year below and they tell me she doesn't talk to guys and no-one likes her, so my friends in my year group asked me for her snapchat and said to see if she would add them, she did..they don't know her and have never spoken to her..?

The only reason I can think of her treating me so poorly is me not being physically attractive? I haven't done anything to her and I've only tried being friends? I'm so confused on why she'd be so rude and disrespectful?
She sees me nearly every day in school as well..?

dang, that must've hurt , sending love.. ngl that might be it,, BUT hopefully it isn't

well idk if this helps but a reason I don message this guy who i kinda like it bcuz I think he's one who talk to many girls...
No I'm more popular than her rn lol
err I mean she doesn't really have a reason to dislike?? Idk I felt like I was as polite as possible, it's hard making friends after not having to for 7 years lol

Then she may just feel shy herself as its often intimidating speaking to someone who's perceived to be more popular.

She could also like you, but that's more nonsense for another day.
Reply 6
dang, that must've hurt , sending love.. ngl that might be it,, BUT hopefully it isn't

well idk if this helps but a reason I don message this guy who i kinda like it bcuz I think he's one who talk to many girls...

Man that is so disgusting, why would you ignore someone for something they can't change? It's not like I was hitting on her?
Reply 7
Original post by Sonal2019
It might be because she likes you. She might be shy. She sounds very shy, thats all its likely to be. Its often opposite of what they mean to do.

I don't think it is cos she told her friends I was "bothering her" even though I haven't spoken to her since..
Maybe you did something that upset her without you realising it?
(edited 4 years ago)
Man that is so disgusting, why would you ignore someone for something they can't change? It's not like I was hitting on her?

awe, its alright , everything will be alright , u are an independent person and u don need her approval to know that ( me speaking from near being in a relationship, and Im currently doing alevekls) anyways its her loss, im sure ur a great person , u sound lovely and caring , she just sounds a bit mean, but yeah I think she may feel uncomfortable but she should one nice, like mate u offered her notes!!
awe, its alright , everything will be alright , u are an independent person and u don need her approval to know that ( me speaking from near being in a relationship, and Im currently doing alevekls) anyways its her loss, im sure ur a great person , u sound lovely and caring , she just sounds a bit mean, but yeah I think she may feel uncomfortable but she should one nice, like mate u offered her notes!!

Yh but that's just next level awful. How can you say I'm bothering you when I haven't even spoken to you for a month? What the ****? Isn't there so much awareness in mental health and I'm not in the greatest spot when I'm behind a year??
Reply 11
Maybe she just doesn't want to be friends? At school and uni I'm was and still am a hermit.

I don't see a reason to get worked up over this, you come off like she owes you her time.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Deborah247
Maybe you did something that upset her without you realising it?

I don't know, the only thing I can think of is when she asked me what unis I was applying to and I was hesitant to answer. But that was because I was applying to high end unis and she was at the lower end and I didn't want her to feel bad?
Original post by Bio 7
Maybe she just doesn't want to be friends? At school and uni I'm was and still am a hermit.

Yh true, but she added my friends, who don't even know her, on snapchat so it's clearly nothing to do with that..?
Yh but that's just next level awful. How can you say I'm bothering you when I haven't even spoken to you for a month? What the ****? Isn't there so much awareness in mental health and I'm not in the greatest spot when I'm behind a year??

Why don’t you just ask her directly why she’s been like this to you? You might be able to get an answer from her
Yh true, but she added my friends, who don't even know her, on snapchat so it's clearly nothing to do with that..?

ok maybe your thinking too much actually ,
Why don’t you just ask her directly why she’s been like this to you? You might be able to get an answer from her

If she's ignoring my messages, it's just creepy/harassment to talk to her in person
Original post by Bio 7
I don't see a reason to get worked up over this, you come off like she owes you her time.

She doesn't but everyone deserves respect, no?
If she's ignoring my messages, it's just creepy/harassment to talk to her in person

Yeah but it’s not like you two are strangers, she knows you doesn’t she? So it won’t be that creepy. It’s better if you find out from her since this is bothering you too much
Yeah but it’s not like you two are strangers, she knows you doesn’t she? So it won’t be that creepy. It’s better if you find out from her since this is bothering you too much

Or you can simply get someone else to ask her for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending