The Student Room Group
I am also doing some IGCSE exams in summertime and I recommend doing the new spec of exams for the IGCSEs. If you finish all of them for your subject(s), then you should use the old exams because the individual questions are extremely useful.

I do not know if my opinion counts for much here as I am a student and not a teacher
Reply 2
I've done two of my igcse science exams and I'd start from the oldest to the newest. They use similar questions every year, but they'll just be worded differently sometimes not at all. Literally in my exam there were questions from the old spec papers so I knew what to put straight away. Past papers are the way to go.
Reply 3
Original post by HunSmasher
I am also doing some IGCSE exams in summertime and I recommend doing the new spec of exams for the IGCSEs. If you finish all of them for your subject(s), then you should use the old exams because the individual questions are extremely useful.

I do not know if my opinion counts for much here as I am a student and not a teacher

I haven't started doing full-on past papers yet. But thanks for answering anyway!
Reply 4
Original post by BBambiS
I've done two of my igcse science exams and I'd start from the oldest to the newest. They use similar questions every year, but they'll just be worded differently sometimes not at all. Literally in my exam there were questions from the old spec papers so I knew what to put straight away. Past papers are the way to go.

Thank you for answering! Just need some clarification:
When did you take your science exams? Did you take CIE? And from which year did you start practising from (the past papers)?
Reply 5
I'm taking my last two IGCSES this May/June. I already completed the majority of them before. My last two are human biology and English language B. Is anyone else studying edexcel english? For the past papers I am/have completed all of them but I started with oldest to newest so when it is nearer the time to the exams the newest past papers questions will be fresh in my head.
Reply 6
Original post by Inanah
Thank you for answering! Just need some clarification:
When did you take your science exams? Did you take CIE? And from which year did you start practising from (the past papers)?

I did my exams in January and I did Edexcel IGCSE. I started from the oldest I could find which was about 2012 and worked my way up to the newest
Original post by Jadelrx
I'm taking my last two IGCSES this May/June. I already completed the majority of them before. My last two are human biology and English language B. Is anyone else studying edexcel english? For the past papers I am/have completed all of them but I started with oldest to newest so when it is nearer the time to the exams the newest past papers questions will be fresh in my head.

I'm doing English Language B too!
Reply 8
Original post by Bahvaalnli
I'm doing English Language B too!

Oh I've finally found someone! How are you getting on with it?
Reply 9
Original post by BBambiS
I did my exams in January and I did Edexcel IGCSE. I started from the oldest I could find which was about 2012 and worked my way up to the newest

Right, thanks for helping out!
(Sorry for my late reply)
Reply 10
Original post by Jadelrx

Noted, thank you!
Original post by Inanah
Noted, thank you!

You're welcome :smile:
Original post by Inanah
Hello there, I'll be sitting my IGCSE this coming May and I want to start on past papers. Which year do you recommend I start from?
I'm doing Mathematics, the three sciences and ESL.

I did the same as BBambiS. I started from the oldest and worked my through until I reached the newest.
Reply 13
Original post by Muserock
I did the same as BBambiS. I started from the oldest and worked my through until I reached the newest.

Okay, thanks for sharing your advice!

Latest