The Student Room Group

Sheffield A100 / A101 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by orthobug
Sheffield is my top uni. I had interview at Liverpool that went went well. Due to EPQ my offer for Sheffield is AAB.

Liverpool results would come nearing March 31st. Would it be possible for me to firm Sheffield and then put Liverpool as insurance once the results are out( assuming that I get an offer).

The issue is that Liverpool may only give me AAA.

Yes, you can put an insurance option down that has higher grade requirements than your firm. If you prefer the uni with lower grade requirements (Sheffield for you), go for it
For those who have had offers back from Sheffield, who is definitely firming ?
Reply 22
My son is planning to firm. He had a place here last year but missed his grades (was offered biomedical but decided to resit his final year instead). He likes the city and uni and found the med school to be open and supportive in their approach. it’s far enough from home but not too far (2 hours drive/train). He’s also got Sunderland offer, waiting on Manchester and reserve list for ARU.
Reply 23
Original post by Milliespencer

me definitely, also got an offer from ARU and still waiting on liverpool
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Milliespencer

I’m waiting for my Scottish choice which offers wayyyy lower tuition fees. But apart from finance, everything else definitely tells me Sheffield so probably that’s what I’ll choose regardless
Original post by Jaybeuk
My son is planning to firm. He had a place here last year but missed his grades (was offered biomedical but decided to resit his final year instead). He likes the city and uni and found the med school to be open and supportive in their approach. it’s far enough from home but not too far (2 hours drive/train). He’s also got Sunderland offer, waiting on Manchester and reserve list for ARU.

was his offer last year just the standard AAA?
Reply 26
Original post by TheDemeaning
was his offer last year just the standard AAA?

Yep
Reply 27
Hi does anyone know how to book on to the offer holder days? Thank you!!
Did anyone get the email on offer holders day?
Reply 29
Original post by Blackfyrel
Did anyone get the email on offer holders day?

Not sure if they've been sent yet - others with invites seems to have applied for other courses (eg Biomed) as well as medicine
Reply 30
You can book offer holder days on MUSE now! :smile:
Original post by moo3011
You can book offer holder days on MUSE now! :smile:

did you get an email about offer holders day?
Reply 32
did you get an email about offer holders day?

No, I just checked on MUSE and it gave me the option to book
do we have to go to offer holders days? i mean from the email it doesn't look like they re gonna be giving out any vital information that i don't know.
do we have to go to offer holders days? i mean from the email it doesn't look like they re gonna be giving out any vital information that i don't know.

No, you have an option to opt out
Reply 35
Anyone going to the offer holder day on the 21st? And anyone bringing guests?
Reply 36
Booked for Saturday the 7th March, bringing my dad along :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by M gH
Booked for Saturday the 7th March, bringing my dad along :smile:

My son and I going then too . We are planning to go for the accommodation offer as well. Went last year and found it really useful. Makes it all seem real and gives a chance to explore the accommodation options.
For applicant days/ offer holder days, do you receive an email about it after or before replying to the offer in UcAS?
Anyone going to the open day on 21st March?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending