The Student Room Group

Graphic Design Uni

Ive gotten an offer for graphic communication at Loughborough university, at Kingston and a Foundation offer at Central Saint Martins.
I wanted to know which course is better at making you industry ready. I am leaning a bit more towards Loughborough because of their campus, which the other two don’t really have
I would say Loughborough would give you the best chance of a job after uni as it has the highest reputation - provided you get some work experience along the way (either through your course, or arranged yourself). Then CSM and Kingston.

Can I ask what your Loughborough portfolio interview was like - what did they ask you and what did you take/show?
I've got one in a couple of weeks there!
Hi, I'm a third year graphic communication and illustration at Loughborough. Lboro does a pretty good job and emphasises working in the industry through out the course. The careers service is also pretty good and works hard to get anyone who wants a placement onto one, they also have a large alumni network and a database of placement jobs for you to go through. I want to go into a quite niche field for the degree, concept art, and even then you have access to tutors and alumni that can help you along. Hope that helps.
Original post by zombierox
Ive gotten an offer for graphic communication at Loughborough university, at Kingston and a Foundation offer at Central Saint Martins.
I wanted to know which course is better at making you industry ready. I am leaning a bit more towards Loughborough because of their campus, which the other two don’t really have

Hi @zombierox,

Congratulations on your offer to study Graphic Communication with us!

When it comes to picking a university you've got to figure out what your priorities are and then see where these unis match up. If our campus appeals to you then this is something that may be up there on your priority list. It is handy that everything is in one place for us and creates this great community feel.

Regarding 'making you industry ready', a lot of our projects are based off or are similar to industry briefs giving you experience of what the industry requirements are and the standards expected. As @AndyGrech said, our careers and alumni network are expansive and will help you in finding a placement, internships during your studies and a grad job afterwards.

Hope this helps and any other questions you have feel free to PM us.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest