The Student Room Group

New immigration system is designed to end non - white immigration

Boris Johnson's new post - Brexit immigration system has been designed to end non - white immigration into the UK.

...They don't call him British Trump for nothing!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Care to back up that allegation?
You are a simpleton ... compare this to the previous system whereby immigration priority was given to majority white EU citizens, under the new system a doctor from Africa or a developer from India will be on a level playing field to the rest of the world. I swear the left are low-key racist, are you implying people from Africa/Asia/Middle East are not intelligent enough to meet the threshold, and this threshold also applies to all countries equally, how is that racist? How is it more racist that what we had before where immigration preference was given to majority white EU citizens?
Reply 3
Original post by Mintto6
Boris Johnson's new post - Brexit immigration system has been designed to end non - white immigration into the UK.

Is that why Sajid ran away? and blacks don't get leadership positions in the political parties?
Reply 4
Original post by #A* EngisLit
You are a simpleton ... compare this to the previous system whereby immigration priority was given to majority white EU citizens, under the new system a doctor from Africa or a developer from India will be on a level playing field to the rest of the world. I swear the left are low-key racist, are you implying people from Africa/Asia/Middle East are not intelligent enough to meet the threshold, and this threshold also applies to all countries equally, how is that racist? How is it more racist that what we had before where immigration preference was given to majority white EU citizens?

That isnt how the world works though? A doctor from mungoville is in no way equal to one from JH, Harvard, Zurch, Lund etc.
As for 'intelligent enough' this is utterly irrelevant to be honest, especially in the medical field if theyre coming from substandard universities and institutions which arent trusted for a damn good reason.
Lol did you seriously just call the EU racist?
Original post by Mintto6

I mean... its litterally the opposite.

He is planning on ending low-skilled migration, which currently is majority white european..
And continuing high-skilled migration limmits, which non-EU (mostly non-white) already have.

His plan would litterally decrease white migration, whilst not really effecting non-white migration.
I would suggest that there may be something racist in your post. The fact that you heard they were raising the migration level, and allowing less low-skilled people in.. and you thought 'less non-whites', makes me think that you automatically assosiate low-skilled with non-white.

Bit racist.
Original post by Mintto6

Why on earth do you think that? Do you realise that the EU migration that will be targeted by this policy is mainly white! The EU freedom of movement policy favours disproportionately the white european race. It really gets on my nerves how people chant prejudice where prejudice doesn't exist, in reality its I dont like the policy so I reaching for a fake outrage card.

Its insulting to every person who has suffered genuine racism.

Original post by mgi
Is that why Sajid ran away? and blacks don't get leadership positions in the political parties?

No, what a nonsense conspiracy theory :facepalm:
Johnson just needs to get the system right. And I don't mean reduce immigration.
Original post by Napp
Care to back up that allegation?

Johnson is not racist (hopefully).
Have you actually looked at the points based immigration system proposal? Nothing to do with nationality or ethnicity, it just makes it very difficult for non-skilled workers to come to the UK and work.

Very mixed potential effects to this from an economics perspective, though.
sounds like someones arss is still soar from last years election lol
Reply 12
Original post by Burton Bridge
Why on earth do you think that? Do you realise that the EU migration that will be targeted by this policy is mainly white! The EU freedom of movement policy favours disproportionately the white european race. It really gets on my nerves how people chant prejudice where prejudice doesn't exist, in reality its I dont like the policy so I reaching for a fake outrage card.

Its insulting to every person who has suffered genuine racism.

No, what a nonsense conspiracy theory :facepalm:

(Sorry Burton Bridge- i meant this for Gundabad)A "conspiracy theory" ?? Really? So can i have the names of any people of African /Caribbean descent who have ever been the Leader of Tory Party or the Labour Party in the last 100, no, 200 years! Why can't you admit the blatantly obvious?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Gundabad(good)

Lol he quite clearly is. He is proud and loud
Reply 14
Original post by Gundabad(good)

Do you know him? Have you read his widely reported racist remarks? And yet you say he is not racist?!!
Original post by mgi
(Sorry Burton Bridge- i meant this for Gundabad)A "conspiracy theory" ?? Really? So can i have the names of any people of African /Caribbean descent who have ever been the Leader of Tory Party or the Labour Party in the last 100, no, 200 years! Why can't you admit the blatantly obvious?

200 years ago! ! Are you for real, 200 years ago most white males could not vote!

How is that a relevant justification the brexit immigration system has been designed to end non - white immigration into the UK, being the reason why Sajid "ran away" or resigned due to a controling no 10?

I mean god love a duck ...... honestly :rolleyes:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Mintto6

It's designed to prevent low skilled immigration in general as you well know, so ..... are you implying only white people can ever be skilled enough to pass the immigration requirements? :mmm:

Personally I would rather have an end to virtually all immigration into Britain, period, skilled or otherwise, and both white and non-white. Our infrastructure is already beginning to buckle under the weight of our population as it is. Plus I don't think it's particularly ethical to braindrain other countries, particularly those in the third world who really need those talented individuals far more than we do. I'd much rather the state took the initiative to invest and build up the skills of our own populace and incentivise them into areas where there are skills shortages.
Original post by Diplomatic
Have you actually looked at the points based immigration system proposal? Nothing to do with nationality or ethnicity, it just makes it very difficult for non-skilled workers to come to the UK and work.

Very mixed potential effects to this from an economics perspective, though.

what a politician says is not what they mean.

I don't care what Boris says.

People can read between the lines.

He means reduce non-white immigration. Obviously he can't just say that. So he has to disguise his language.
Original post by Wōden
It's designed to prevent low skilled immigration in general as you well know, so ..... are you implying only white people can ever be skilled enough to pass the immigration requirements? :mmm:

Personally I would rather have an end to virtually all immigration into Britain, period, skilled or otherwise, and both white and non-white. Our infrastructure is already beginning to buckle under the weight of our population as it is. Plus I don't think it's particularly ethical to braindrain other countries, particularly those in the third world who really need those talented individuals far more than we do. I'd much rather the state took the initiative to invest and build up the skills of our own populace and incentivise them into areas where there are skills shortages.

We can read between the lines.

It's obvious what the new immigration policy is trying to achieve.

Everything politicians say has double meaning.
Original post by Nalk1573
what a politician says is not what they mean.

I don't care what Boris says.

People can read between the lines.

He means reduce non-white immigration. Obviously he can't just say that. So he has to disguise his language.

But how is it achieving this goal? All I see is people who dont like the policy like the OP and yourself, chanting prejudice where prejudice doesn't exist? But not even doing it smart.

As I said above the reality is you dont like the policy so you reach for a pseudo outrage card, the one that has been so successful in the past to neoliberals. Its insulting to every person who has suffered genuine racism but worse than that, it down plays genuine racism and furthermore make it's easier for genuine racists to dismiss being labelled a racist!

In short you partake in a type of dog whistle politics.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending