The Student Room Group

Guy laughed at me

Yesturday I was walking home from college and a guy from school was driving past laughing at me because I was walking. I dont drive yet and this just really makes me useless. Its just very embarassing being 18 and you cant drive yet. A lot of people from my age and from my school are driving, even people younger and Im just a bus w*nker or useless slow walker 😔😥. So embarassing.
I didn't pass my test till I was 26 and I still don't own a car or have not driven since I passed. I'm now 29.
Reply 2
Original post by Guru Jason
I didn't pass my test till I was 26 and I still don't own a car or have not driven since I passed. I'm now 29.

You can still go hire a car and drive it. You could go to enterprise car club and just drive.
Original post by Anonymous
Yesturday I was walking home from college and a guy from school was driving past laughing at me because I was walking. I dont drive yet and this just really makes me useless. Its just very embarassing being 18 and you cant drive yet. A lot of people from my age and from my school are driving, even people younger and Im just a bus w*nker or useless slow walker 😔😥. So embarassing.

Actually they are the w*nkers! Why waste money on a car if you have good public transport? Also you probably also do a bit of walking, which is far healthier than sitting in a car. As the saying goes: the fool laughs at the wise man.

Another thing to consider is that the vast number of people who own and use cars, when they don't need them, are selfish individuals who are polluting the air for others and well and truly butt raping the planet. The government is happy to bang on about air miles as it's an easy target. Car use and ownership is a far bigger problem, but you won't hear a squeak from most governments because saying anything would be massively unpopular, and a good part of the world's economy revolves around persuading people to buy cars. Think of how clean the air in China used to be before the Chinese were conned into believing that having a car was important.
Reply 4
Original post by David Getling
Actually they are the w*nkers! Why waste money on a car if you have good public transport? Also you probably also do a bit of walking, which is far healthier than sitting in a car. As the saying goes: the fool laughs at the wise man.

Another thing to consider is that the vast number of people who own and use cars, when they don't need them, are selfish individuals who are polluting the air for others and well and truly butt raping the planet. The government is happy to bang on about air miles as it's an easy target. Car use and ownership is a far bigger problem, but you won't hear a squeak from most governments because saying anything would be massively unpopular, and a good part of the world's economy revolves around persuading people to buy cars. Think of how clean the air in China used to be before the Chinese were conned into believing that having a car was important.

A lot of people drive though espeically in the uk so its less people who use the bus. Its not selfish to drive coz that means everyone that drives is selfish which cant be true. The meme is bus ******s. Also lets be honest public transport is inconisistant.
A lot of people drive though espeically in the uk so its less people who use the bus. Its not selfish to drive coz that means everyone that drives is selfish which cant be true. The meme is bus ******s. Also lets be honest public transport is inconisistant.

You need lessons in logic (and spelling). Some people need to drive, because of their work (e.g. plumbers) or if they live where there is no public transport. So they are not being selfish. And part of the reason for inconsistent public transport is selfish people clogging up the roads unnecessarily.
Reply 6
Original post by David Getling
You need lessons in logic (and spelling). Some people need to drive, because of their work (e.g. plumbers) or if they live where there is no public transport. So they are not being selfish. And part of the reason for inconsistent public transport is selfish people clogging up the roads unnecessarily.

I just have made typing errors but I need lessons in driving as well.

I think everyone needs to drive for getting around and getting to work etc. Its not drivers making public transport inconsistent its the drivers of the public transport.
You can still go hire a car and drive it. You could go to enterprise car club and just drive.

I think you missed the but where I said I didn't pass till I was 26.
Reply 8
I think you missed the but where I said I didn't pass till I was 26.

When did you start learning. It mightve been less embarassing when you were my age and couldnt drive.
When did you start learning. It mightve been less embarassing when you were my age and couldnt drive.

I didn't start learning till I was 25. A year and a half into my current job where I actually needed a licence.
I didn't start learning till I was 25. A year and a half into my current job where I actually needed a licence.

Oh ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending