The Student Room Group

Current GCSE students! AQA wants your feedback!

Hey!

Recently AQA set up a Student Advisory Group, from our first meeting spawned the proposal to gain the feedback and views of students taking or have taken subjects under the AQA specification.

If you are in year 9, 10 or 11 and are currently studying subjects under the AQA specification we want your thoughts.

This could be about the mocks you've sat, support you want or just general ideas.

You can do this by commenting below or PMing me! The points you raise will be brought up at our meetings, and have the possibility of being raised with the AQA Board of Trustees.

Finally, if you are apart of networks such as school councils, youth groups or are head students and would be willing to help gain views of students in your local area please PM me.

Thank you and I welcome your feedback

Evan

Scroll to see replies

Please give free GCSE revision guides to AQA students. The content I have to learn for AQA science is a lot and getting a revision guide seems like a necessity to do well. Also have a question on any paper relating to #RishiSunakForLife. You won't regret it!
Original post by EvanSharma
Hey!

Recently AQA set up a Student Advisory Group, from our first meeting spawned the proposal to gain the feedback and views of students taking or have taken subjects under the AQA specification.

If you are in year 9, 10 or 11 and are currently studying subjects under the AQA specification we want your thoughts.

This could be about the mocks you've sat, support you want or just general ideas.

You can do this by commenting below or PMing me! The points you raise will be brought up at our meetings, and have the possibility of being raised with the AQA Board of Trustees.

Finally, if you are apart of networks such as school councils, youth groups or are head students and would be willing to help gain views of students in your local area please PM me.

Evan

stop giving us stuff off-spec every year it happens for at least 1 A-level or GCSE exam (i am in year 12 and did AQA for a good proportion of my subjects at GCSE). last year i got something off-spec
Please please lower the grade boundaries, it’s too high! Many students are really stressed out over exams and grades for example, someone like me
Original post by 1st superstar
stop giving us stuff off-spec every year it happens for at least 1 A-level or GCSE exam (i am in year 12 and did AQA for a good proportion of my subjects at GCSE). last year i got something off-spec

I agree with GCSEs. It’s not really fair
Original post by TimotheeLaurie
I agree with GCSEs. It’s not really fair

Please please lower the grade boundaries, it’s too high! Many students are really stressed out over exams and grades for example, someone like me

To get grade 7 (grade A) for combined science AQA you only need 50% of the total marks. But it is very hard so... #RishiSunakForLife
Original post by Gundabad(good)
To get grade 7 (grade A) for combined science AQA you only need 50% of the total marks. But it is very hard so... #RishiSunakForLife

I’m doing triple science
I’m doing triple science

Get ready for that grade EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nevertheless, good luck!
Reply 8
Please give free GCSE revision guides to AQA students. The content I have to learn for AQA science is a lot and getting a revision guide seems like a necessity to do well. Also have a question on any paper relating to #RishiSunakForLife. You won't regret it!

Firstly all of the following is coming from my own knowledge, our next meeting is in June and I will get a full answer for you.

AQA does not actually provide or write any revision guides, these are done by separate companies. They may be approved by AQA to follow the specification but AQA does not write them. If you’re struggling potentially looking at the subject spec and past papers may be a start. But really good point and I’ll try to get back to you on that with an official answer.
Reply 9

Firstly all of the following is coming from my own knowledge (I am an A-level student in year 12) our next meeting is in June and I will try to get a full answer for you.

AQA isn’t free to do what they want and are governed by entinites such as the DoE and Ofqual. So there could potentially be a requirement to have this extra context. Of course this may not be the case and it will be brought up. Thank!
Get ready for that grade EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nevertheless, good luck!

What do you mean get ready? 😄
Reply 11

Firstly all of the following is coming from my own knowledge (I am an A-level student in year 12) our next meeting is in June and I will try to get a full answer for you.

Of course exams are a very stressful period, however exam grade boundaries are set each year to ensure a set amount get say a grade 9, 8, 7 etc etc. On the subject of stress, would there be anything that AQA could do to elevate that stress, bar reducing the grade boundaries hah. Thanks!
What do you mean get ready? 😄

I am joking that you will get a Grade E, which doesn't even exist. Watch this spicy meme Watch. and you'll get it.

AQA isn’t free to do what they want and are governed by entinites such as the DoE and Ofqual. So there could potentially be a requirement to have this extra context. Of course this may not be the case and it will be brought up. Thank!

yeah in the 2019 Combined higher GCSE there was a 6 marker beta blocker and for the triple biology 2019 there was a question on standard derivation both topics off-spec.
Reply 14
yeah in the 2019 Combined higher GCSE there was a 6 marker beta blocker and for the triple biology 2019 there was a question on standard derivation both topics off-spec.

Great thank you for the examples, I’ll definitely mention that
Great thank you for the examples, I’ll definitely mention that

for the A-level chem last year (2019) they also said they were gonna remove a questions on based cobalt as they said "It was too hard" but apparently the gave a 6 marker on it!
Reply 16
Hey!

Evan

The French listening exams have been ridiculously difficult compared to the other papers - the speed makes it difficult for even brighter students to follow and it is too much a case of memory of details rather than understanding. Maybe shorter pieces at a slightly slower speed could be considered?
Reply 17
In both English Language and English Literature exams, students find themselves under immense time pressures to plan and then complete all of the questions - it is hard to get all of your ideas down in such a limited time. (O’levels used to allow one hour per essay.)
Original post by Vampira
In both English Language and English Literature exams, students find themselves under immense time pressures to plan and then complete all of the questions - it is hard to get all of your ideas down in such a limited time. (O’levels used to allow one hour per essay.)

Plus it's not like a Macbeth essay is going to help you with your future lol!
Plus it's not like a Macbeth essay is going to help you with your future lol!

It's the skills that you learn from completing the Macbeth essay that are likely to help.

Quick Reply

Latest