The Student Room Group

Why are some middle class so weak

They pretend to act oppressed when they’re clearly not. They are more likely to be liberal, woke and progressive. They are entitled. They get offended too easily. They act like babies. They make a big song about nowt. They’re more likely to be vegan. They just get on everyone’s nerves.
Reply 1
😂😂😂
Reply 2
Oh dear. Can you stop moaning about naught?
(edited 4 years ago)
i can never tell if these posts are satire
Original post by Tolgarda
Oh dear. Can you stop moaning about naught?

Freedom of moaning (about nowt)
Original post by MedicPls
i can never tell if these posts are satire

It’s a bit of both
Reply 6
Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson
Freedom of moaning (about nowt)

True. The middle class has that freedom too. :smile:
Original post by Tolgarda
True. The middle class has that freedom too. :smile:

They do, sadly.

We should have deported them to Australia a long time ago...
With the convicts

Spoiler

Reply 8
They pretend to act oppressed when they’re clearly not. They are more likely to be liberal, woke and progressive. They are entitled. They get offended too easily. They act like babies. They make a big song about nowt. They’re more likely to be vegan. They just get on everyone’s nerves.

what do they need to be strong about?

These people aren't middle-class. They're bourgeois liberal metropolitan dinner party tw*ts.

Too much soy and a lack of protein?
The existence of liberal, woke, progressive and vegan people annoy you?... :erm:
I understand what the op is on about.
Go on Mumsnet now. ( Full of white middle-class women btw) and onto the "Am I being unreasonable" forum and you will see a woman really upset because in the middle of a heated argument her husband called her a D1ck. Haha. Seriously.
The difference between middle-class and working class is summed up brilliantly in a set by Mickey Flannigan where he talks about how casually calling one another a c*nt tells you if you are comfortably in a long relationship or not.
You know your in one when the casual c*nting starts. 😁
Because they are a few generations away from any real struggle. Most middleclass people - and I include myself in this - have families that are at least 2 genearations removed from struggle. Our grandparents struggled, but not our parents, and then not us. We think we struggle from time to time, but its nothing compared to the real struggles of others and the past. I notice it a lot when I go to China, the middle classes there are tough because most still remember harsh times. But their kids? They are as soft as western people..

You remove the major struggle from their lives.. you remove 90% of the risk from their lives.. let the police/state/goverment deal with all the major problems, and people get weak and complacent. Its all fine and good, as long as your happy to trust those who you have given up your strength to, to do the right thing.

It then reflects on middle class politics. One of the biggest motivators for middleclass votes is percieved security. They vote for the party that makes them feel safer. Physically, financially, culturally, safer. They vote for whoever wraps them up in a blanket and says it will all be ok. Brexit? Not safe at all.. Boris? Well he supports brexit, but compared to comrad corbyn and his radical redesign of our economy.. a bit of boris seems safer. Every generation wants to give more of their problems away, because they haven't had to deal with real struggle. Again, I'm not preaching from a higher place.. I am still just as guilty of this as all my soft middle-class peers.. but I live daily with a reminder of it, by seeing the people around me, and how their attitudes are different.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Because they are a few generations away from any real struggle. Most middleclass people - and I include myself in this - have families that are at least 2 genearations removed from struggle. Our grandparents struggled, but not our parents, and then not us. We think we struggle from time to time, but its nothing compared to the real struggles of others and the past. I notice it a lot when I go to China, the middle classes there are tough because most still remember harsh times. But their kids? They are as soft as western people..

You remove the major struggle from their lives.. you remove 90% of the risk from their lives.. let the police/state/goverment deal with all the major problems, and people get weak and complacent. Its all fine and good, as long as your happy to trust those who you have given up your strength to, to do the right thing.

It then reflects on middle class politics. One of the biggest motivators for middleclass votes is percieved security. They vote for the party that makes them feel safer. Physically, financially, culturally, safer. They vote for whoever wraps them up in a blanket and says it will all be ok. Brexit? Not safe at all.. Boris? Well he supports brexit, but compared to comrad corbyn and his radical redesign of our economy.. a bit of boris seems safer. Every generation wants to give more of their problems away, because they haven't had to deal with real struggle. Again, I'm not preaching from a higher place.. I am still just as guilty of this as all my soft middle-class peers.. but I live daily with a reminder of it, by seeing the people around me, and how their attitudes are different.

And yet the middle classes were no more likely to vote conservative - in fact slightly less - than the working classes. Clearly they felt some class solidarity with Corbyn.
Original post by ajj2000
And yet the middle classes were no more likely to vote conservative - in fact slightly less - than the working classes. Clearly they felt some class solidarity with Corbyn.

Are you looking at the Yougov data? Its hard to say anything about the working class from it, given the grouping DE, that combines working class with non-working (including students, pensioners etc)
Original post by fallen_acorns

I appreciate you said you're guilty of this too, but is it something to be guilty of? The whole of civilization seems to be designed to makes us safer, shielding us form the elements to live in warm houses with clean water, getting food any time of year from supermarkets etc. Everything is created in modern society to cater to our needs and wants. We are also inoculated against diseases from childhood, creating a barrier from bacteria and viruses. We seem to be cloistered in a safe blanket and I don't see why it should be taken off, but it comes with some detractions as you've said.

I would say its the working class who want safety and back to how things were in the past. Young middle class people want change and fairness for anyone disadvantaged in society.

You forgot to sign off as "Annoyed working class of Tumbridge Wells"
Reply 18
Have you even met someone from the middle classes? What a load of clap trap, this is the same as me saying all working class people are uneducated morons who fornicate with their family members and sponge off of the state.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending