The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

keele physiotherapy degree

Hi, I got a place at Keele for Physiotherapy and i heard on the offer holder day that we have to wear shorts and sport bras for practicals. However, I am not really comfortable for that as I don't it and because of my religion. Is there a way I can wear something else and still be able to do practicals. Or if I don't do will i still be able to do my course.
Please help me guys!!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I got a place at Keele for Physiotherapy and i heard on the offer holder day that we have to wear shorts and sport bras for practicals. However, I am not really comfortable for that as I don't it and because of my religion. Is there a way I can wear something else and still be able to do practicals. Or if I don't do will i still be able to do my course.
Please help me guys!!!

Hi there!

I imagine that as long as you’re in comfortable clothes you don’t mind moving about it then I can’t see it being a problem! However, if you’d like, I could email the physiotherapy admissions team and run it by then just to double check? Hope this helps!
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Thank you so for replying so early, but if you can check with the physiotherapy admission team, that'll be amazing. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Affey1234
Thank you so for replying so early, but if you can check with the physiotherapy admission team, that'll be amazing. Thank you :smile:

Not a problem! I sent them an e-mail yesterday which they’ve received so I’m just waiting on a reply! I’ll let you know as soon as possible :smile:
Reply 4
Please help me guys!!!

I'm in the same position as you, that attire isn't suitable for me so what's the alternative?
Please help me guys!!!

Hi there!

So the admissions team have responded and said -

‘The practicals are for students to practise physiotherapy techniques on each other to assist in their learning.
Please, however, reassure the student that the School absolutely respects that students don't always feel comfortable wearing shorts or being demonstrated on. If the student wishes to wear leggings or similar then this should be fine, but there will generally be the option to not be a model if they aren't comfortable with it. They will of course need to be comfortable demonstrating on someone else, who may be wearing shorts etc.’

I hope this helps you relax!
Original post by meerkats
I'm in the same position as you, that attire isn't suitable for me so what's the alternative?

(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there!

The admissions team have said -

‘The practicals are for students to practise physiotherapy techniques on each other to assist in their learning.
Please, however, reassure the student that the School absolutely respects that students don't always feel comfortable wearing shorts or being demonstrated on. If the student wishes to wear leggings or similar then this should be fine, but there will generally be the option to not be a model if they aren't comfortable with it. They will of course need to be comfortable demonstrating on someone else, who may be wearing shorts etc.’

Reply 7
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there!

The admissions team have said -

Ah thank you so much! This has deffo put me at ease.
Original post by meerkats
Ah thank you so much! This has deffo put me at ease.

Not a problem! I’m so glad! :smile: The admissions team have advised that if you have any more questions or queries then feel free to visit their page or email them! Their email is [email protected] and their page is https://www.keele.ac.uk/ahp/studywithus/undergraduate/ :smile:
Thank you so much. That really helped me with my decision. Thank you very much . Really appreciate your help.
Reply 10
Please help me guys!!!

Hey, are you firming Keele?
Yes, definitely this has helped me my decision!!! :smile:
Original post by Affey1234
Yes, definitely this has helped me my decision!!! :smile:

I’m so glad to hear you’ll be confirming! You know where I am if you need to know anything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest