The Student Room Group

Brexit has cost us close to the 47 years combined payments

Brexit by the end of 2020 will have cost our economy £200 billion. The U.K. net payment to the EU over 47 years is only £215 billion.

What an utter shambles. How many more statistics do brexiteers need to deny we have a major problem here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So we would have been £415 billion better off had we never joined?
Reply 2
Your suggesting a 10% is hit. You shall have to elaborate.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Brexit by the end of 2020 will have cost our economy £200 billion. The U.K. net payment to the EU over 47 years is only £215 billion.

What an utter shambles. How many more statistics do brexiteers need to deny we have a major problem here?

We have not left the EU and currently still in a transition period, yet you think by end of 2020, Brexit will cost £200 B even inside the EU??
Original post by Wired_1800
We have not left the EU and currently still in a transition period, yet you think by end of 2020, Brexit will cost £200 B even inside the EU??

I would presume OP means in terms of like, paying the committees and things who are trying to get the logistical nightmare of Brexit to work?
Original post by ThomH97
So we would have been £415 billion better off had we never joined?

Not necessarily. You might find that being part of a common economic area has advantages, as does freer movement of people. Although I don't personally know and so can't personally say.
Reply 6
Original post by vicvic38
Not necessarily. You might find that being part of a common economic area has advantages, as does freer movement of people. Although I don't personally know and so can't personally say.

That's what I'm asking the OP to clarify.
Original post by ThomH97
That's what I'm asking the OP to clarify.

And I did some clarification. What does it matter if OP said it or not?

Yes brexit is shambles even a 5 year old knows this but What can we do now? It’s done. You either accept it or live with senseless pain

It is well with my soul
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9

What's your point?
Original post by ThomH97
What's your point?

You got rather arsey because I replied to you.
I would presume OP means in terms of like, paying the committees and things who are trying to get the logistical nightmare of Brexit to work?

I think the big issue is comparing current activities with an abstract set of activities. Nobody knows exactly what life outside the EU will be for the UK.

Back up your claims.

Where does the £200 billion come from? Explain over what period and how it is calculated, notwithstanding we havent finished the transition period yet.

Explain how you think the net payment over 47 years amounts to £215 billion. How is it calculated and what is your source?

If we havent left yet then why is it a shambles? How cna we tell until a reasonable amount of time has passed say 40 years.
You got rather arsey because I replied to you.

You said some stuff, then backtracked saying you didn't know what you were talking about in the very same post. But you're right, I could have just ignored such a post.

Oh lord, you'd vehemently believe in the tooth fairy if it suited you!

I'm just waiting for you to get past this anger stage of grief and actually quote some reality, everything you say is wildly inaccurate. Do you believe everything on your facebook page? :rolleyes:

Unless I'm missing something you have not provided clarification, so @ThomH97 is correct
Original post by Neurocandid
Yes brexit is shambles even a 5 year old knows this but What can we do now? It’s done. You either accept it or leave with a senseless pain

It is well with my soul

But what the OP says is nonsensical, its mere social media propaganda
Original post by Burton Bridge
But what the OP says is nonsensical, its mere social media propaganda

You keep telling yourself that pal.
Another moaner
Original post by Rock Fan
Another moaner

:facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending