The Student Room Group

Brexit has cost us close to the 47 years combined payments

Scroll to see replies

What source has the original poster fit this info from?
Original post by ThomH97
You said some stuff, then backtracked saying you didn't know what you were talking about in the very same post. But you're right, I could have just ignored such a post.

I postulated given my impression of the information. You're the one that got offended.
Original post by imlikeahermit
This might be, the stupidest post I've read on this forum. How naive are you? At first, I wasn't going to reply in full, but for the crack, lets just break this down using your logic.

So, by your logic we would be £415 billion better off. That is including payments that are sent to the EU and the hit on our economy. Lets just tot up what we have benefitted from the EU and see how we're doing.

The governments own estimates are that we benefit to a total of £2600m per week from the EU. So that's £2.6b a week we benefit. So in 47 years of EU membership, using your logic, we stand to have benefitted £6354b. Lets take off your £415b, and we still are better off by £5939b.

Now I'm not so stupid as to think you can say each year is worth £2600m but it proves my point.

The kind of ridiculous thinking you have displayed, is exactly why we are in this mess to begin with. ****ing idiots the lot of you who cannot see the benefits we are losing.

Apologies, should have posted the link.

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-will-cost-uk-more-than-total-payments-to-eu-2020-1?r=US&IR=T

Yes, in all round resources, job losses etc. It has cost an absolute fortune, completely unnecessarily.

Exactly.

If the UK has good trade deals with the US, EU and other countries, would you consider Brexit to be a success?
Original post by sohala17

Www.Hermitstudies.com :biggrin::tongue:

BTW I can back my claims up, can you? Still waiting to clarifications on both your wild accusations today. That's this this great big whopping lie "of Brexit has cost us close to the 47 years combined payments" and "Farmers will are 25% worst off due to brexit"
Absolutely not, because it won’t happen. No deal we can get with the EU is better than remaining. Secondly, thanks to the arrogance of half of this nation regarding immigration, I’ve lost the ability to travel freely as I please.

That is not true, because we don't know what the future holds. It is fine to be worried about the future, but don't go OTT.
Reply 26
Original post by Wired_1800
That is not true, because we don't know what the future holds. It is fine to be worried about the future, but don't go OTT.

Dan knows the counterfactual though.
Reply 27
Original post by sohala17

Dan.
Original post by Quady

Who is Dan?
Reply 29
Who is Dan?

Dan Hanson - the OP's source. You know, Dan!
Original post by Quady
Dan Hanson - the OP's source. You know, Dan!

Lol
Brexit by the end of 2020 will have cost our economy £200 billion. The U.K. net payment to the EU over 47 years is only £215 billion.

What an utter shambles. How many more statistics do brexiteers need to deny we have a major problem here?

Thanks to all these idiots who voted for Brexit after listening to a group of Charlatans and Clowns in Westminster such as Johnson, Rees Mogg, and Priti Patel.

This is nothing compared to what is coming. The London School of Economics had predicted a fall in the GDP between 4 and 7%. But would listen to them when there were so many other reliable sources of information such as the SUN, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express etc ....

Stupidity is the driving force unfortunately...
Original post by Quady

Dan would need to counter Fullfact.com :rofl:

https://fullfact.org/europe/online-cost-brexit-net-contributions/

I think Terry Christian has got acess to some peoples accounts on here :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Lucifer323
Thanks to all these idiots who voted for Brexit after listening to a group of Charlatans and Clowns in Westminster such as Johnson, Rees Mogg, and Priti Patel.

This is nothing compared to what is coming. The London School of Economics had predicted a fall in the GDP between 4 and 7%. But would listen to them when there were so many other reliable sources of information such as the SUN, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express etc ....

Stupidity is the driving force unfortunately...

Enough of this rubbish. The UK has left the EU. Stop blasting the UK, instead let’s work to make Brexit a success.
Reply 34
Enough of this rubbish. The UK has left the EU. Stop blasting the UK, instead let’s work to make Brexit a success.

I mean we haven't have we?

Or rather we have in name only. Other than having no MEPs nothing is different. That's not what I voted for.

Rubbish is PC way of putting it :smile:
Original post by Quady

Or rather we have in name only. Other than having no MEPs nothing is different. That's not what I voted for.

Yes we have, and yes things are different. Brexit is a jurney not an event.
Reply 37
Original post by Burton Bridge
Yes we have, and yes things are different. Brexit is a jurney not an event.

What's different then? :s-smilie:
Original post by Quady

We leave by December, but i know it is not a guarantee.
Original post by Burton Bridge
Rubbish is PC way of putting it :smile:

Done with these people and the constant bashing even after Brexit has been done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending