The Student Room Group

Can you reapply to a college after being accepted?

As the title says,

I have been rejected by Oxford maths (G100) but have been accepted by Imperial college london. I plan to apply to Cambridge maths next year (2020-2021 cycle) and I want to know if I am able to reapply to ICL after I decline their offer in past, in both two cases: reapplying with new UCAS ID and reusing the current one. (I do not know well about this matter, please help me if you know.)

Thanks in advance for answers!
Original post by soIomann
As the title says,

I have been rejected by Oxford maths (G100) but have been accepted by Imperial college london. I plan to apply to Cambridge maths next year (2020-2021 cycle) and I want to know if I am able to reapply to ICL after I decline their offer in past, in both two cases: reapplying with new UCAS ID and reusing the current one. (I do not know well about this matter, please help me if you know.)

Think you just open a new account next year and just reapply.
Maybe tell Imperial you arent sure about going to uni this year.

I believe you will get a new UCAS ID if you reapply but whether ICL recognise your application from the previous cycle or not doesn't matter. Unis don't hold it against people that they previously applied and then declined the offer or withdrew from UCAS. It is not an emotional decision for them - they will just look at all the applications and choose the best candidates using a set criteria, so if you got an offer from them this year it is likely that you will get one again. This is not guaranteed of course as it also depends on the relative strength of all the other applicants next year.
You get a new ucas ID when you’re using apply. Once it is submitted your track login will be the same as this year. You don’t get a choice on the matter. Your universities from this year will know that you applied previously.

Universities don’t hold grudges. They might not guarantee that you’ll get an offer again (other applications might be better next year) although some universities will guarantee that they will honour a previous offer if you reapply.
Reply 4
Thanks for the answers again
I see, I don't really have to worry much on this matter then, if I'm able to reapply to universities which I applied to and declined their offers previously.
I asked this question because I believe last time I was browsing this website, I read a post that says UCAS or a university won't allow me to apply to a college which I rejected their offer previously. Does this correspond to some other specific situations or am I not remembering things correctly?
Thanks for the answers again
I see, I don't really have to worry much on this matter then, if I'm able to reapply to universities which I applied to and declined their offers previously.
I asked this question because I believe last time I was browsing this website, I read a post that says UCAS or a university won't allow me to apply to a college which I rejected their offer previously. Does this correspond to some other specific situations or am I not remembering things correctly?

Sounds like someone talking *******s tbh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending