The Student Room Group

Is this even achievable? Please help.

Hi guys. I want to apply for this year. However I have my 13 yo daughter to think about. She has just been deregd from school due to anxiety about school. She is a very mature capable girl. I plan on getting a maths, English ans language tutor weekly and I have family that can help. Does anyone know an example of how many hours you are in uni for? I know placement will be different.

I am 45 this year and I’m running out of time!!!

Thanks for any advice?

N x
Reply 1
Original post by toonafish
Hi guys. I want to apply for this year. However I have my 13 yo daughter to think about. She has just been deregd from school due to anxiety about school. She is a very mature capable girl. I plan on getting a maths, English ans language tutor weekly and I have family that can help. Does anyone know an example of how many hours you are in uni for? I know placement will be different.

I am 45 this year and I’m running out of time!!!

Thanks for any advice?

N x

I have 3 kids and also a mature student, although mine aren't home schooled i am the main 'school run' member of the family so i had to take this into account. I opted for part time study so that i still have the flexibility for the kids, Uni and placements are only 24-28 hours a week rather than the 38-40 on the full time course.

I start next month and am still waiting on a timetable so i can plan but im not expecting to be in uni more than 2/3 days a week, i think full time you're in a bit longer as you study more modules per semester than i would :smile:
Reply 2
i would say that would be near impossible to manage

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending