The Student Room Group

Has anyone made there firm and ins choices yet?

If so, what uni are you going to and what course?
my friend has firmed st. george’s london for paramedic science, her insurance choice is edge hill manchester x
Just firmed York with edgehill as ins.
There’s no benefit to picking a firm insurance early. Most people put their choices on track in April.
Reply 4
I firmed LSE and insured Warwick for Bsc Management. I had to pick early because of accommodation (it's first come first served)
Original post by SelinaKim
I firmed LSE and insured Warwick for Bsc Management. I had to pick early because of accommodation (it's first come first served)

It isn’t first come first served. If you apply before the deadline (31 May) it’s guaranteed. They release rooms for booking throughout the booking period.
Yeah's Warwick accommodation process definitely isn't First Come First Served, they try and match people to their preferences later in the year.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
It isn’t first come first served. If you apply before the deadline (31 May) it’s guaranteed. They release rooms for booking throughout the booking period.

No, I am talking about getting the room I want. Of course, the accommodation itself is guaranteed. Everyone knows that.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
Yeah's Warwick accommodation process definitely isn't First Come First Served, they try and match people to their preferences later in the year.

I was talking about LSE, not Warwick. LSE specifically says that for rooms, it IS first come first served.
No, I am talking about getting the room I want. Of course, the accommodation itself is guaranteed. Everyone knows that.

And as I said - universities will release a range of rooms throughout the year. Availability isn't dependent on being "first". They'll be holding back a whole bunch of rooms across all their halls to release in May for applicants who couldn't pick their firm choice until then.
Original post by PQ
And as I said - universities will release a range of rooms throughout the year. Availability isn't dependent on being "first". They'll be holding back a whole bunch of rooms across all their halls to release in May for applicants who couldn't pick their firm choice until then.

I called the accommodation office because I didn't want to withdraw from other choices. They said the booking process itself is first come first served, because people who will be able to book the accommodation are the ones who firm LSE. Then when the results are released, people will get the available rooms that are unpopular or have been taken by students who didn't meet the conditions of offer. That way the accommodation is guaranteed.
I called the accommodation office because I didn't want to withdraw from other choices. They said the booking process itself is first come first served, because people who will be able to book the accommodation are the ones who firm LSE. Then when the results are released, people will get the available rooms that are unpopular or have been taken by students who didn't meet the conditions of offer. That way the accommodation is guaranteed.

Yes - it's "first come first served" for what's listed on the booking system at any time (their website says you can't currently book if you're a new ug applicant because they haven't sent out logins yet).

Universities are not allowed to pressure applicants to pick their firm and insurance choices before the UCAS deadlines. That includes preferential access to accommodation. LSE will be holding back a range of rooms that will be available to book in May for applicants who can't currently pick a firm and insurance choice. Those will also be "first come first served" once they're available to book. Your choice of accommodation will not be more limited if you firm in April compared to firming in September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending