The Student Room Group

What style of clothes do you wear?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quantex
I describe my style as soup kitchen chic.

i'm sorry I ****ing laughed at that. Just ignore me like you always do but you're hilarious.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
really? To the basketball shorts?...

The Ellesse type jackets are sexy on anyone.

Lol

Mhm - just regular short shorts but w/ basketball team prints or logos - shoulda just said that.

Don't really wear them out but yh.
A boxer brief does fine
Original post by jabbathemuttdog
Lol

Mhm - just regular short shorts but w/ basketball team prints or logos - shoulda just said that.

Don't really wear them out but yh.

yes you do wear hot pants out :smug:
Original post by bang outta order
yes you do wear hot pants out :smug:

you know it!:wink:
Not sure if it's a style or not, but jeans, ankle boots, band shirts, leather jackets, crop tops, Vans etc most of it is dark colours too
I tend to dress pretty simple like most students:

T-shirt
Hoodie
Joggers
Sometimes Jeans
Trainers

Sometimes I’ll wear a light jacket over my hoodie in winter if it’s cold or if it’s raining. Parka if it’s really cold or snowing. Shorts occasionally in Spring/Summer.
Original post by CollegeStudent99
I tend to dress pretty simple like most students:

T-shirt
Hoodie
Joggers
Sometimes Jeans
Trainers

Sometimes I’ll wear a light jacket over my hoodie in winter if it’s cold or if it’s raining. Parka if it’s really cold or snowing. Shorts occasionally in Spring/Summer.

Youve dug up a two year old thread........
Why??
Please don’t
Original post by Sammylou40
Youve dug up a two year old thread........
Why??
Please don’t

Why not? People do it all the time.
Why not? People do it all the time

Not necessary.
I try and dress as formal as is socially acceptable :tongue: I'm not at all a hipster but I just like finery. Typically I try and wear chinos and a nice shirt. I'd wear a suit if I could but I worry a 17 year old just wearing a suit around the place all the time might raise a couple of eyebrows, also drycleaning is expensive and ruins them so can't really do that.

I think the rise of casual clothing in the 70s was a big mistake and to be honest I wish we all still wore suits, waistcoats, dresses and bustles everywhere like the Victorians, I like that era in some ways :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by nemofoot
I try and dress as formal as is socially acceptable :tongue: I'm not at all a hipster but I just like finery. Typically I try and wear chinos and a nice shirt. I'd wear a suit if I could but I worry a 17 year old just wearing a suit around the place all the time might raise a couple of eyebrows, also drycleaning is expensive and ruins them so can't really do that.

I think the rise of casual clothing in the 70s was a big mistake and to be honest I wish we all still wore suits, waistcoats, dresses and bustles everywhere like the Victorians, I like that era in some ways :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

WoW. Most 17 year olds these days wear things like tracksuits, sports clothing, hoodies, jeans, t-shirts, joggers, puffer jackets etc so I can see why you’d look completely out of place. Though I did see one student at my college recently who wouldn’t look out of place in the Victorian era! :eek: He was wearing a top hat and what looked like a knee length pea coat.

Also occasionally see smarter dressed students wearing things like button-up shirts and chinos or skirts etc.

But I prefer casual clothing because it’s quick and easy and comfy to wear and it’s more suitable for the weather (think rain-resistant jackets, warm fleecy material in hoodies, joggers). It also looks good imo.

Though I bought a suit a couple of years ago from Next and I really look good in it. Only worn it once for a family wedding though.
(edited 4 years ago)
WoW. Most 17 year olds these days wear things like tracksuits, sports clothing, hoodies, jeans, t-shirts, joggers, puffer jackets etc so I can see why you’d look completely out of place. Though I did see one student at my college recently who wouldn’t look out of place in the Victorian era! :eek: He was wearing a top hat and what looked like a knee length pea coat.

Also occasionally see smarter dressed students wearing things like button-up shirts and chinos or skirts etc.

But I prefer casual clothing because it’s quick and easy and comfy to wear and it’s more suitable for the weather (think rain-resistant jackets, warm fleecy material in hoodies, joggers). It also looks good imo.

Though I bought a suit a couple of years ago from Next and I really look good in it. Only worn it once for a family wedding though.

If you look good in it.
Perhaps you should wear it more often. X
I would say I'm a formal type dresser.
personally love the style of the birthday suit. This one really makes you stand out and it’s not even Louis Vuitton. It can make you feel like a celebrity in some ways I shut down Gucci and had the whole of the shop floor waiting :wink:
Original post by drowzee
...Really girly, flowy skirts and dresses. Something that comes into the waist and flows out. I love pastel colours and floral.
A-line skirts... I dislike jeans with a passion, I can only wear skirts, dresses and shorts.

That's so me too! I've never been into jeans or tight skirts, always prefer the really girly stuff, even though sometimes I think I'm dressing too young for my age, but who cares what other people think! Charity shops are a great source, and having a friend who can modify stuff is helpful too.
I like to wear casual clothes like denims, t-shirts, trousers & jackets and generally buy them from Nirofashion, a men’s fashion designer store.
Casual and comfortable clothing for me - so t-shirts, joggers, that sort of thing. Normal size to slightly oversized (prefer slightly loose fit).
And if there's the choice between normal length and longline, I'm choosing longline 😁
Original post by DominicRCWC
i wear streetwear clothing like thehundreds, rook clothing and supra atm but im hoping when i start uni i can start wearing more smarter clothes like a shirt and sweater/jumper with chinos and more formal/smart shoes like brogues.
x)

I love vintage shopping and finding really unique dresses and coats. Love suede and leather!
Also a fan of contemporary jewellery, like sculpted/abstract gold earrings and bold colour resin

Quick Reply

Latest