The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Accommodation thread 2020

Hi everybody :ciao:

This thread is to answer any questions related to accommodation at NTU for those of you who have applied, or are intending to apply, to join us in 2020.

Key accommodation dates for your diary

Monday 2 March 2020 our accommodation booking system opens.

It's worth noting that, if you book your accommodation by Sunday 31 May 2020, you'll be guaranteed a place in university-allocated accommodation.

Take a look at our accommodation

You can browse our range of accommodation on our website.

We're here to help!

Let us know if you have any questions and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I was looking at Sandby halls as they are more in my price range than some of the others on campus. I was just a little worried when I saw how many people there were per flat and wondering if it gets very crowded and if there's anyone that's been to an open day and seen the halls could tell me how they look. Thank you.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Nottingham Trent University

This thread is to answer any questions related to accommodation at NTU for those of you who have applied, or are intending to apply, to join us in 2020.

It's worth noting that, if you book your accommodation by Sunday 31 May 2020, you'll be guaranteed a place in university-allocated accommodation.

Offer holder day

There’s still chance to join us at our last offer holder day on Saturday 21 March 2020. This is a great opportunity to get to know your subject in more detail, take a closer look at our range of accommodation, and tour our Campus and facilities.

We're here to help!
Let us know if you have any questions and we will get back to you as soon as we can!

Hiya, I received an unconditional offer about 3 months ago, but I didnt book my accommodation after that and I only just realised that I had to do it 2 days after. I tried to book one today but it wouldn't let me? Any help would he appreciated. Thanks
Original post by picklejuice2001
Hiya, I received an unconditional offer about 3 months ago, but I didnt book my accommodation after that and I only just realised that I had to do it 2 days after. I tried to book one today but it wouldn't let me? Any help would he appreciated. Thanks

Hi :smile:

Our accommodation booking system isn't open yet - this will be live on Monday 2 March.

Please make sure you have accepted your place at least 48 hours before booking.

Thanks!

Felix
Hi :smile:

Our accommodation booking system isn't open yet - this will be live on Monday 2 March.

Please make sure you have accepted your place at least 48 hours before booking.

Thanks!

Felix

Ahh ok, that's where I got the 48hrs bit mixed up. Thanks for clearing that up!
Reply 5
are there double beds in the bryon residence? if so, how many and in which blocks?
Original post by user12z
are there double beds in the bryon residence? if so, how many and in which blocks?

I’m also wondering the same.
Hi, could anyone help me with my decision between Gill Street South & Byron. I’m not sure which one to pick but I’ve heard that they are both similar. Does Byron have double beds? & which floors and areas are best to live on? Thanks.
Reply 8
Hi, I haven't been to an open or offer holder day yet and ill be attending the one in march but I don't know if I should wait to book accommodation after seeing them or if I should just try to get them as quickly as possible. what do you suggest??
Original post by Anonymous
I’m also wondering the same.

same , someone pls address haha
Original post by user12z

have you seen glasshouse accomodation? i've just found it and they're a lot cheaper and have double beds, private halls though

Offer holder day

There’s still chance to join us at our last offer holder day on Saturday 21 March 2020. This is a great opportunity to get to know your subject in more detail, take a closer look at our range of accommodation, and tour our Campus and facilities.

We're here to help!

Hi, just accepted my conditional offer to study at the city campus. It will be changed to a unconditional because I’ve selected it as my firm choice. However I’m worried that I’ve left it too late and I won’t have my login details for the 2nd of March (when accommodation opens). It’s now the 29th of February and it takes 2 working days. Was just wondering If you knew roughly how quickly Byron and Gill st South will fill up. Thank you
Hi I am really wanting to book Byron for accommodation but was just wondering if there was any difference in the blocks? As in, is there any blocks which are more sociable than others etc/ what blocks people would recommend? Also is there much difference in the size of the kitchen in a flat of 8 and a flat of 10? Really hoping to find this out before Monday. Thanks
Original post by unilooker123
same , someone pls address haha

basically I emailed and asked and there's only a few rooms with double beds and they are usually reserved for people who have a disability so its rly unlikely that you will get one, they pretty much told me there was no chance of it. All the rest of the rooms have 3/4 beds so a little bigger than a single.
Original post by user12z

There is but only a few, which they reserve for people who have a disability.
I’m thinking of either Byron or Gill Street South, but heard Byron can get quite loud so wondered which one is better? Thankyou☺️
Not sure which one i should go with, have an unconditional for law with business and still on gap year right now
Original post by emmal09977
I’m thinking of either Byron or Gill Street South, but heard Byron can get quite loud so wondered which one is better? Thankyou☺️

have you looked at private halls, cheaper and have double beds and can be quieter i think?
Reply 18
just wondering what would people advise, staying in uni halls or staying in private halls?
Reply 19
Hello, what time does the booking open?

Quick Reply

Latest