The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi guys, So I have applied to QMU since October and responded to their subsequent email Oct 24th requesting for additional documents. However I am yet to get a response, even though they stated applicant should expect response in 4weeks. Anyone else applied and waiting for response for Diag. Radiography (Pre-Reg)? P.S. I 'm an international Student
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Zeeh90
Hi guys, So I have applied to QMU since October and responded to their subsequent email Oct 24th requesting for additional documents. However I am yet to get a response, even though they stated applicant should expect response in 4weeks. Anyone else applied and waiting for response for Diag. Radiography (Pre-Reg)? P.S. I 'm an international Student

Are you sure it was not 4 weeks from the closing date ? for example I have applied for physio and it says 4 weeks but from febuary 1st. end of jan is when application window closes!
Reply 3
Original post by Selfol1
Are you sure it was not 4 weeks from the closing date ? for example I have applied for physio and it says 4 weeks but from febuary 1st. end of jan is when application window closes!

Hi @Selfol1, I am not exactly sure right now, which was why I thought to pop in here and ask questions like the classic concerned applicant. If i get you right, you saying it could be 4weeks from the deadline (which is all d way in July 2020?):eek:
Hey guys,

Anybody got an offer from QMU?

I have applied in October and still no response :confused:
Hey, haven’t heard anything back from them I’ve applied for two of their courses and still nothing
Reply 6
Hey, I applied back in December I think for Primary Teaching and I've heard nothing. One of my friends declined her interview for nursing there and another received a conditional for Business. They're really taking their time this year!
Has anyone heard back for psychology or primary teaching? (I applied in December)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Student02030405
Has anyone heard back for psychology or primary teaching? (I applied in December)

I also applied to Primary Teaching in December and I haven't heard anything back yet. Is QMU your first choice?
Original post by erin04
I also applied to Primary Teaching in December and I haven't heard anything back yet. Is QMU your first choice?

Hi yes QMU is my first choice. What about you? :smile:
Reply 10
Hi yes QMU is my first choice. What about you? :smile:

Aww fab! I think Dundee is my first choice but I've swayed between Dundee and Stirling but I'd like to know from QMU and Stirling so I can sit down and make a decision.
Original post by erin04
Aww fab! I think Dundee is my first choice but I've swayed between Dundee and Stirling but I'd like to know from QMU and Stirling so I can sit down and make a decision.

Where else did you apply too?
Reply 12
Where else did you apply too?

I applied to QMU, Stirling, Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow. You?
Original post by erin04
I applied to QMU, Stirling, Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow. You?

I applied to QMU, RGU (Social work), Edinburgh Napier (Psychology) and Abertay university (psychology and counselling)
Reply 14
I applied to QMU, RGU (Social work), Edinburgh Napier (Psychology) and Abertay university (psychology and counselling)

Wow! Sounds good! Do you have a career in mind for when you finish Uni? I should probably add that I applied for Primary Teaching if I didn't state that before.
Original post by erin04
Wow! Sounds good! Do you have a career in mind for when you finish Uni? I should probably add that I applied for Primary Teaching if I didn't state that before.

U did mention it before :smile:. I was always set on primary teaching but after getting experience in a primary school, I love it sometimes but then don't others and I like psychology/can see how it would help then go into primary teaching. Have you always wanted to be a primary school teacher?
Reply 16
U did mention it before :smile:. I was always set on primary teaching but after getting experience in a primary school, I love it sometimes but then don't others and I like psychology/can see how it would help then go into primary teaching. Have you always wanted to be a primary school teacher?

I totally get that. You kind of have to love the bad moments too if that makes sense. Psychology works/fits in so well with that! Not to be cheesy but yes, I have. When I was younger, I think maybe 8 years old, I wanted to be a nurse or a primary teacher but I don't think my stomach could handle nursing. I had some experience in a primary school and I loved it
Original post by erin04
I totally get that. You kind of have to love the bad moments too if that makes sense. Psychology works/fits in so well with that! Not to be cheesy but yes, I have. When I was younger, I think maybe 8 years old, I wanted to be a nurse or a primary teacher but I don't think my stomach could handle nursing. I had some experience in a primary school and I loved it

Tbh I also went through wanting to be a nurse or paramedic but I kinda have a fear myself of needles and couldn't imagine having to deal with that. I only recently changed from primary teaching and I have placements in 2 primary schools and think it can sometimes also depend on the primary school. Others have also advised me that one most people change what they qualify in or if i just did a BA in primary education then that's all I'm qualified in - which can be limiting.
I recieved an unconditional offer for Film and Theatre 3 weeks ago. Good luck for ya'll!
Original post by AlienInUK
I recieved an unconditional offer for Film and Theatre 3 weeks ago. Good luck for ya'll!

Congratulations!!

Latest