The Student Room Group

Is Parasite an enjoyable watch?

Im struggling whether to go and see this film! It'll be on a date with my long term bf so no biggy….he wants to watch JoJo Rabbit. I'm used to watching Korean TV shows btw.
We recently watched 1917 and it was utterly amazing. Will Parasite be enough to impress?
Original post by redscarlett
Im struggling whether to go and see this film! It'll be on a date with my long term bf so no biggy….he wants to watch JoJo Rabbit. I'm used to watching Korean TV shows btw.
We recently watched 1917 and it was utterly amazing. Will Parasite be enough to impress?

nah g its complete utter ****e
Original post by n1gga.glen
nah g its complete utter ****e

ok if its utter ****e why
who do you need to impress??
Original post by karelina
who do you need to impress??

myself and my high film standards
Reply 5
It's a fantastic watch for the first half of the movie. However, after that there's a "plot twist" which in my opinion pretty much killed the rest of it for me. Decent watch but definitely don't agree with the claims of it being a masterpiece (there are other Korean movies which I'd say deserve it more).
Reply 6
im seeing most of the people here disagree, but i personally really loved it. one of my favourite films currently.
Reply 7
oh, but if you're choosing between the two, as much as i adore parasite, id agree with your boyfriend. jojo rabbit was beautiful and is absolutely worth seeing.
Reply 8
I've seen Jojo rabbit twice, it was fantastic. Everyone does a great job.
Reply 9
taika watiti is just an all round genius and amazing human being and i cant believe it took me a while to realise he played korg.

either way, yeah, i love parasite but jojo rabbit isnt a film you wanna pass up the chance of watching. if anything parasite is actually a film i would have been better off watching at home so i could pause and analyse things like i love to do.
Original post by Tenya Iida
im seeing most of the people here disagree, but i personally really loved it. one of my favourite films currently.

Must not have seen many good films then..:flute:
I won't be discussing this film yet. But in general Korean films are overly long, dry, thry tiptoe along the lines, and have immaculate visuals that are vain and hollow and in the end unimpressive, due to over production yet a vapid, safe direction style and script. Some say they [want to] outdo Japan which is known for tacky films and gore due to a lacking budget. To me it seems Korean directors are trying too hard to be taken seriously by its western counterparts in the film industry. Still, I Saw The Devil is the best Korean film, yet it stands at 2hr30min...much of which can be forwarded through...probably the extra convoluting scenes were to cushion the darker parts of the film to, again, be taken seriously yet again, produces another limousine (nice and safe but too long) drama rather than a powerful thriller and psychological film. When I filter reviews specifically for five stars and less, viewers say some sensible things about Parasite being overrated. Hollywood sucked this one right up to avoid #OscarsSoWhite and I feel bad for all the other Asian films that may far surpass this one.
*they tiptoe along the lines
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Must not have seen many good films then..:flute:

i do miss a lot of good ones to be fair. and thats that on lacking energy

(ill hopefully catch the other oscar nominations on dvd, though.)
Original post by Tenya Iida
i do miss a lot of good ones to be fair. and thats that on lacking energy

(ill hopefully catch the other oscar nominations on dvd, though.)

Lol don't even buy the DVD just watch somewhere online like...

Spoiler

Original post by Bang Outta Order
Lol don't even buy the DVD just watch somewhere online like...

Spoiler

Ah, I see you're a man of culture aswell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending