The Student Room Group

sometimes i genuinely hate my bf for no reason at all - normal or nah?

my relationships/feelings for people are never stable. they
fluctuate between love and hate. like right now i hate him, and i don't want him anywhere near me, and i don't know why, and i don't know how to explain this him.

can anyone relate?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No
Original post by Ciel.
fluctuate between love and hate. like right now i hate him, and i don't want him anywhere near me, and i don't know why, and i don't know how to explain this him.

can anyone relate?

It's certainly not normal, so you need to see a doctor. And, it's surprising he puts up with this.
Reply 3
Original post by David Getling
It's certainly not normal, so you need to see a doctor. And, it's surprising he puts up with this.

how rude. that's not what i'm asking. i'm asking if it's normal in a relationship - as in is he the problem/are my feelings for him not strong enough.
Not gonna lie I'm the same, I always end up saying horrible things to him and aggravating him so we'll fight, then 10 minutes later I love him more than anything (I'm also a guy)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Not gonna lie I'm the same, I always end up saying horrible things to him and aggravating him so we'll fight, then 10 minutes later I love him more than anything (I'm also a guy)

that's what i do as well! but sometimes it lasts hours, or even days. i provoke fights, then hate him, then i love him again.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
how rude. that's not what i'm asking. i'm asking if it's normal in a relationship - as in is he the problem/are my feelings for him not strong enough.

I gave an accurate, and honest, answer to the question you posed. If you weren't prepared for answers you wouldn't like then perhaps you shouldn't have asked the question.
Reply 7
Original post by David Getling
I gave an accurate, and honest, answer to the question you posed. If you weren't prepared for answers you wouldn't like then perhaps you shouldn't have asked the question.

no, you're being rude for no reason. stop trying to make me look crazy. maybe he's the problem, ever thought of that?
Look up BPD
Original post by Ciel.

can anyone relate?

You clearly suffer from bipolar disorder. Seek professional help, you might need to be sectioned.
Reply 10
Look up BPD

i know what bpd is, but i don't have it.
You clearly suffer from bipolar disorder. Seek professional help, you might need to be sectioned.

you might need to be banned for trolling.
Original post by Ciel.

How do you know you don’t have bipolar disorder? Have you got yourself checked out?
Original post by Ciel.
i know what bpd is, but i don't have it.

Listen mate I know that NHS Doctors can sometimes be "bad" but you might wanna get some advice from them even if it doesn't work. those anons might be right
How old are you? I'm guessing like 15...:rofl3:
Reply 14
Original post by 5hyl33n
How do you know you don’t have bipolar disorder? Have you got yourself checked out?

something like that. i don't have bipolar, or borderline.
Original post by CoolCavy
Just a note that BPD doesn't stand for bipolar it stands for borderline personality disorder :yep:

I didn’t call it that hehe. Some Anonymous user posted it. Not me though. I know the difference! 😂👍
Original post by 5hyl33n
I didn’t call it that hehe. Some Anonymous user posted it. Not me though. I know the difference! 😂👍

Yeh sorry I just realised :colondollar:
Just used to people confusing them as someone that has it, my bad :getmecoat:
Reply 17
Original post by 1st superstar
Listen mate I know that NHS Doctors can sometimes be "bad" but you might wanna get some advice from them even if it doesn't work. those anons might be right

ugh, they're all useless. nhs and private ones.
Original post by Wick3d
How old are you? I'm guessing like 15...:rofl3:

i'm not in the mood to **** with trolls.
Hope you get things sorted ciel :hugs: it does sound a lot like splitting but usually for me at least it happens for a reason even if the reason is really minor or potentially imagined
It's not up to people to say what you do or don't have, only you and medical professionals know that, I think websites like mind and stuff have advice for coping with things like splitting though so that might be worth a look
:hugs:
I personally dont think it is normal in a relationship, but that's just my opinion.

Quick Reply