The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial - MSC Economics & Strategy (2020-2021)

Been invited to completed an interview for the program! Could someone confirm questions they were asked? Is it more quantitative heavy or behavioral questions? I don't come from a econ or finance background, so I'm a little worried!
Reply 1
Hey, I just got an invitation for an online interview, did you end up doing the interview? If so, would you please tell me what questions they asked, I'm worried too.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by rita9097
Hey, I just got an invitation for an online interview, did you end up doing the interview? If so, would you please tell me what questions they asked, I'm worried too.

I did my interview just before Christmas and the main questions were very general:

- what do i do outside school/work (sports, volunteering etc)
- why am i eager to study in London
- if i met my most admired CEO, how would i introduce myself
- 1 written question (to respond in 5 minutes): i am about to have an important job meeting with a client and he decides to cancel the meeting, how would i respond to that and try to change his mind
- 1 economics-related question: what does it mean when we say that a market has barriers to enter

Don't forget to hold you ID at the beginning, I almost forgot it!

Good luck
Reply 3
Original post by antzm
I did my interview just before Christmas and the main questions were very general:

- 1 written question (to respond in 5 minutes): i am about to have an important job meeting with a client and he decides to cancel the meeting, how would i respond to that and try to change his mind
- 1 economics-related question: what does it mean when we say that a market has barriers to enter

Good luck

Thank you so so so much! I really appreciate it. I’m doing mine on Thursday and was panicking a bit. Hope you got in to the program! And YES, the ID card, thanks for the reminder, feeling ready now for the interview :wink:
Reply 4
Thank you so so so much! I really appreciate it. I’m doing mine on Thursday and was panicking a bit. Hope you got in to the program! And YES, the ID card, thanks for the reminder, feeling ready now for the interview :wink:

I got my offer yesterday :smile: Just chill, honestly, i did terribly on the interview. I did not have a very structured response because i was very nervous, I even stuttered and did a lot of uhms etc. On the non-general questions just answer directly, without trying to have a "written style" - overly formal and too fancy response.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by antzm
I got my offer yesterday :smile: Just chill, honestly, i did terribly on the interview. I did not have a very structured response because i was very nervous, I even stuttered and did a lot of uhms etc. On the non-general questions just answer directly, without trying to have a "written style" response.

Congratulations!Thats Amazing! Again thanks so much for your help, I can already sense my uhms coming through. Hope to see you on the course in Autumn.
Reply 6
Original post by antonis_sa
What do you mean by non-general questions;

Thanks in advance.

You have two questions which are not about your personality etc. One is written and the other is economics related. You have to be direct in both and not try to make it "fancy" with your wording. My written question was to try to convince someone via email so i had to be very precise and direct (because 5 minutes are not really enough!). Just be clear and direct.
Original post by antzm

Good luck

Hello,

From the moment you completed your application, after how much time did you receive an invitation for an interview;
Reply 8
Original post by nikolas136
Hello,

From the moment you completed your application, after how much time did you receive an invitation for an interview;

Hi! I completed the application on 1/12, had my references approved by 10/12 and got my invitation for kira on the 10/12. I did the interview on 23/12 and got my unofficial offer on 13/2.
Original post by antzm
Hi! I completed the application on 1/12, had my references approved by 10/12 and got my invitation for kira on the 10/12. I did the interview on 23/12 and got my unofficial offer on 13/2.

So i think that if 10 days have passed since i submitted my appliacation, i do not hold a chance of even getting an interview?
Reply 10
So i think that if 10 days have passed since i submitted my appliacation, i do not hold a chance of even getting an interview?

That is not sure!! If you check the other thread with all postgrad applications the timelines of each one are very different. Have your references been completed and approved? What's the status on the portal? Also, when did you apply?
Original post by antzm
That is not sure!! If you check the other thread with all postgrad applications the timelines of each one are very different. Have your references been completed and approved? What's the status on the portal? Also, when did you apply?

Yes my references are been completed and approved. But i have not yet taken the IELTS test, so i am worried if it is a problem.I applied on February 19th.

You definitely still have a chance. I completed my application on 17th Jan, got invited for interview on 18th Feb.
Got put into the waiting list recently, what are the chances of getting an offer? And my references haven't been approved yet, is it normal?
Original post by Anonymous
Got put into the waiting list recently, what are the chances of getting an offer? And my references haven't been approved yet, is it normal?

When did you apply? And have you done the interview?
When did you apply? And have you done the interview?

I applied on the 8th Dec and received the interview invitation on the 18th Feb and did the interview on the 20th Feb.
I have applied on the 30th of Jan, and the references are completed on the 4th of Feb. However, I haven't heard anything even the interview invitation to date. Should I be worried? do people often get the interview after the references turn approved?
You have time don’t panic, i applied at the beginning of December and I got a reply to an interview first week of March. Got my offer 3 weeks after my interview. You still have time I waited for 3 months altogether... good luck!!
You have time don’t panic, i applied at the beginning of December and I got a reply to an interview first week of March. Got my offer 3 weeks after my interview. You still have time I waited for 3 months altogether... good luck!!

Hi !!! Congratulations on your offer you must be over the moon!I am very nervous for my upcoming interview so I would be so so so grateful if you could share your interview experience, the questions you were faced with and how much preparation you had for it. (I am sorry if I bombarded you with questions !)Also how long after your interview did you hear back !thank youuu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending