The Student Room Group

What is the biggest mistake you have ever made at school?

I would say not taking half the subjects that seriously.
Putting boys that weren't worth it over my studies
Letting people be my friend just so they could use me for copying homework/ answers
Reply 3
Fighting, probably

Pulling out the rugby side cos I had a barney with the coach, that was stupid in hindsight
Not punching this kid in the face who was giving me a hard time at school. In hindsight, I think I could’ve taken him 😂
Original post by PetitePanda
Putting boys that weren't worth it over my studies

Ain’t nobody got time for ****bois!

Also welcome to the FH-squad :smile:
Original post by CTLeafez
Ain’t nobody got time for ****bois!

Also welcome to the FH-squad :smile:

Trueeee. Oh god I hated that I only realised when he went out with the person who was my best friend at that time. Thank you so much for the welcome :h:
Original post by PetitePanda
Trueeee. Oh god I hated that I only realised when he went out with the person who was my best friend at that time. Thank you so much for the welcome :h:

Snakes everywhere! 😂
Original post by CTLeafez
Snakes everywhere! 😂

Ikr 😂
A bit of a story here.
The school had this cashless system in school.
We had one balance for everything, eg dinner money, printing, paying for trips ect ect, once money had been payed into the balance you couldn't take it out again.

Although the account balance was linked between everything, the systems were completely different, ie the website to print stuff was a different website to what we used to top up dinner money.

I found the user printing control panel, we wasn't ment to access it but it wasn't blocked as it was hard to get to. I found a page which allowed you to transfer money between users. At first I tried sending £1 to someone, and low and behold when they got their dinner and their current balance came up, and there was another pound there. I was happy to find this bug.

Anyway a few months passed and someone in my class was leaving the school that week, I was telling him about the glitch, and he wondered if we could transfer money to someone even if it meant the person that sent the money went into overdraft. (overdrafts weren't a thing.. )

Anyway so he left and he gave me his account password to mess around (they didn't delete his account when he left) so one day I went onto his account he had £0.3 left. I transfered
£100 out of his account to mine, his account was now at £-99 even though overdrafts didn't exist. My account was at £100

a month after did this I asked him if his parents had got a bill, he said no, he got his parents to check and his balance was showing as £0.

So it looked like overdrafts only appear on the balance on the printing website

Anyway i was stupid and exploited this. AND I CONTINUED TO DO IT

Not going to go into details but a few weeks later pretty much my entire year had a balance of £30billion

I got in **** loads of trouble and apparently it was a nightmare for the finances team to sort
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending