The Student Room Group

Zoology 2020

Welcome! This thread is a place for people thinking of taking Zoology in 2020! Hopefully this will be a place to find more information on the subject, get advice on applying etc. and connect with like-minded people! As an icebreaker you can introduce where you are interested in studying, what you currently study, your favourite animal(s) and any other interesting info!

Scroll to see replies

So I guess I'll start!
The zoology course I've loved the most is the one on the Penryn campus at Exeter. I currently study Biology, Geography, Chemistry and EPQ. There are so many amazing animals but I do love clouded leopards and binturongs (if you haven't heard of binturongs they are basically a black, fluffy bear/cat which smells of popcorn!). I would like to go into something like conservation and love the outdoors. I also play piano, clarinet and tennis :h:
So yeah!
I've added this to the list :woo: :yay:
Thankyou!
Hello,

I've just completed my application for Zoology, just waiting on my reference!

I've applied to: Liverpool, Edinburgh, Dundee and St Andrews

I studied: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Latin at A level

Rhinos have always been my favourite animals and I think I would like to go into lecturing eventually :smile:
Reply 5
Heyy guys,
How is everyone doing with offers? Any responses yet? I got an offer for Manchester Zoology integrated masters so far :smile:
I’ve applied to Uni of Manchester, Uni of Leeds, Uni of Liverpool, Manchester Met, and Salford (Mature student and I have to stay in Manchester so I need unis I can commute to). Currently doing an Access to Higher Education course in Combined Science (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) but I have A-Levels in Philosophy (A), History (A), and English Lit (B) from many moons ago 🌚. Only heard back from Salford with a low conditional of 104 Ucas point, still awaiting the others 🤞🏼.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello. I already Have a zoology degree from an African university in nigeria. i intent to pursue a masters degree in the UK with a scholarship. any help on the best university to give me the best in my zoology career and also a full paid scholarship?
Hi I've applied to Swansea Uni as an autistic mature student to study Zoology. I have visited Singleton Campus, Swansea on an Open Day and loved it. Really hoping I manage to get some kind of offer.
Original post by Katiehpaterson94
I’ve applied to Uni of Manchester, Uni of Leeds, Uni of Liverpool, Manchester Met, and Salford (Mature student and I have to stay in Manchester so I need unis I can commute to). Currently doing an Access to Higher Education course in Combined Science (Biology, Chemistry & Physics) but I have A-Levels in Philosophy (A), History (A), and English Lit (B) from many moons ago 🌚. Only heard back from Salford with a low conditional of 104 Ucas point, still awaiting the others 🤞🏼.

I’ve applied to Manchester met too! Have my place
Hiya

I'm a mature student who has just completed their Access course.

I've applied for Zoology at Exeter, Bristol, Queen Mary University of London and Roehampton. Have received offers from QMUL and Roehampton.

Exeter is my first choice so fingers crossed!
Original post by Flyingleopard5
Welcome! This thread is a place for people thinking of taking Zoology in 2020! Hopefully this will be a place to find more information on the subject, get advice on applying etc. and connect with like-minded people! As an icebreaker you can introduce where you are interested in studying, what you currently study, your favourite animal(s) and any other interesting info!

Hi!
i’ve applied to glasgow, west of scotland, stirling, napier and edinburgh. glasgow is my top choice and i just received an offer the other day! i have also heard back from west of scotland and stirling with unconditionals. so happy.
Original post by Flyingleopard5

is anyone doing zoology at glasgow uni? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by glasgow1234
is anyone doing zoology at glasgow uni? :smile:

I've applied (back in November) but I've yet to hear back - they're my first choice too! Are you a Scottish/EU student or English student?
Original post by AJKSA
I've applied (back in November) but I've yet to hear back - they're my first choice too! Are you a Scottish/EU student or English student?

i know lots of people who still haven’t heard back from glasgow for other courses. i’m scottish and sent away my application in late december and heard back after just a day so was very lucky. are you international?
Reply 15
i know lots of people who still haven’t heard back from glasgow for other courses. i’m scottish and sent away my application in late december and heard back after just a day so was very lucky. are you international?

No - I'm EU (living in the UK) so I was wondering if it was something to do with my fee status as Aberdeen hasn't replied either. But I've heard back from all of my English unis.
Original post by AJKSA
No - I'm EU (living in the UK) so I was wondering if it was something to do with my fee status as Aberdeen hasn't replied either. But I've heard back from all of my English unis.

aww i see. well good luck!
Reply 17
aww i see. well good luck!

Thank you! Hope everything goes well for you!
Reply 18
Hi!
i’ve applied to glasgow, west of scotland, stirling, napier and edinburgh. glasgow is my top choice and i just received an offer the other day! i have also heard back from west of scotland and stirling with unconditionals. so happy.

Hey! Could I ask where you're from and when you applied?
Original post by Donut81
Hey! Could I ask where you're from and when you applied?

Hey! From scotland and applied mid December. Are you applying to Zoology at Glasgow too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending