The Student Room Group

Sheffield A100 / A101 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sean2202
Anyone going to the open day on 21st March?

I am, the 10.30 session
Original post by Blackfyrel
I am, the 10.30 session

oh forgot there were two😂 I'm going to the earlier one😭. I'm mostly looking forward to going out in Sheffield the night before😁
Do you only get invited if you replied offer through ucas
anyone have any idea on Sheffields leniency when it comes to missing a grade?
Original post by Skylar.J
Do you only get invited if you replied offer through ucas

No. I haven’t replied yet as still waiting for my final decision. They sent it a few days after UCAS offer update
Reply 45
No. I haven’t replied yet as still waiting for my final decision. They sent it a few days after UCAS offer update

do you get invited by email? because I haven't received anything
Reply 46
Original post by AM47

Try your Muse account.
Original post by AM47

First the MUSE updated then about a day later I received an invitation from my beloved Julian
I am, the 10.30 session

I’m on the 10:30 session too
Original post by Jaybeuk
My son and I going then too . We are planning to go for the accommodation offer as well. Went last year and found it really useful. Makes it all seem real and gives a chance to explore the accommodation options.

What do you mean by accommodation offer. Is there a separate day to look at accommodation?
Reply 50
They offer a limited number of overnights in the halls of residence Friday night prior to the offer holders day. May not be any availability left if you’ve not had an invite.
Original post by Jaybeuk
They offer a limited number of overnights in the halls of residence Friday night prior to the offer holders day. May not be any availability left if you’ve not had an invite.

Ahh no! That’s a shame!
does anybody know what time the applicant day finishes?
Reply 53
Original post by 11ftaura
does anybody know what time the applicant day finishes?

I booked the 10.30 slot tomorrow and I got an email and letter about it saying it finishes at 4pm. Hope this helps!
Original post by M gH
I booked the 10.30 slot tomorrow and I got an email and letter about it saying it finishes at 4pm. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much!!
Anyone else heading to Sheffield today? 10:30 slot?
Reply 56
Original post by gilbertemmajo
Anyone else heading to Sheffield today? 10:30 slot?

Yes, I am! Excited to look round and meet everyone.
can anyone who went today please summarise what happened, whether it is worth going and did people bring parents along ?
Original post by mrmedic0010
can anyone who went today please summarise what happened, whether it is worth going and did people bring parents along ?

this
Original post by mrmedic0010

I think it was worth going, I found the morning a bit dull, as it was just the kind of things you'd do at an open day but the afternoon at the medical school was really good. They had some small sessions going on in seminar rooms so lots to do, lots of people to ask questions and lots of medical offer holders to chat too. Then a very informative talk with Julian! My dad came, and most people had parents with them. Hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending