The Student Room Group

UK Drama School Auditions 2021

Hi, I haven’t found any threads for 2021 auditions so I thought I’d start one for any other auditionees. I was wondering where people are applying to, if anyone has auditioned before and what it was like, and just to start the conversation about next years’ applications. Thanks :smile:

Post below with your details: :grin:

Name/Nickname/TSR Username:
Specific courses applying to:
Drama Schools applying to:
Most nervous about:
Most excited about:

Best of luck everyone! :happy2:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by molly2510
Hi! 2021 will be my first time auditioning, I sing and act but am more of a mover than dancer. looking at CSSD musical theatre course as has emphasis on acting, and I'm hoping to go watch some showcases for Mountview and Italia Conti for both mt and straight acting. gsa also an option! where are you looking at?

Hi! Yes I sing too and am currently trying to work out whether to do musical theatre or straight acting, am also looking at cssd, Rada, gsa, Conti, mountview, lsda, lamda, rose Bruford. Open days and showcases seem to be few and far between at the moment, so please let me know when you hear of any! Thanks :smile:
Original post by 06chambersk
Hi! Yes I sing too and am currently trying to work out whether to do musical theatre or straight acting, am also looking at cssd, Rada, gsa, Conti, mountview, lsda, lamda, rose Bruford. Open days and showcases seem to be few and far between at the moment, so please let me know when you hear of any! Thanks :smile:

ah cool:smile: I actually went to cssd last week and watched their third year MT performance, and was honestly blown away! a really really nice school and everyone seemed super friendly. I'm not really sure of any others on currently but I'll keep an eye out
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey! I'm auditioning at Arts Ed, Mountview, GSA, CSSD, Bird College, Leeds College of Music, and MGA so it'll be a really busy year for me! I'll be auditioning for mt definitely. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by leahhunterrx
Hey! I'm auditioning at Arts Ed, Mountview, GSA, CSSD, Bird College, Leeds College of Music, and MGA so it'll be a really busy year for me! I'll be auditioning for mt definitely. :smile:

Cool! Do you do anything mt related at the moment?
Hey, I want to Audition at RADA, but I dont think I stand a Chance.
besides that I am going to Audition to all Public schools in my country .
Reply 6
Original post by Pixyqueen
Hey, I want to Audition at RADA, but I dont think I stand a Chance.
besides that I am going to Audition to all Public schools in my country .

Me too, but auditioning will never hurt, plus you’ll get some really good experience. May as well!
yes, but I also have to think of the Money (travel expenses etc) and I am still studying so I can't Just Take a day off.sadly.

and
Reply 8
Original post by CozyBrodie
Hi,
I thought I would start a thread for anyone wanting to apply for drama school 2021.
It will be my first year auditioning and I will be 18.

I was wondering how many schools you can audition for as you can only apply to 5 schools on UCAS.

Thanks and good luck 🙂

Hey!
Good luck auditioning, I did all mine this year and I'll be due to start drama school in September 2020, feel free to message me about any of the process etc!
You can audition to as many as you want to, however like you said you can only apply for 5 through UCAS and then the rest you'll have to apply for directly on their websites.
Original post by jess323
Hey!
Good luck auditioning, I did all mine this year and I'll be due to start drama school in September 2020, feel free to message me about any of the process etc!
You can audition to as many as you want to, however like you said you can only apply for 5 through UCAS and then the rest you'll have to apply for directly on their websites.

Hi,
what drama school are you going to?
what is the difference between applying through UCAS and directly?
thanks🙂
Reply 10
Original post by CozyBrodie
Hi,
what drama school are you going to?
what is the difference between applying through UCAS and directly?
thanks🙂

I’m going to Guildford school of Acting :smile:

And as for applying, ucas is overall easier because it’s all in one place and you can easily access any changes, it’s just really simple. If you apply directly you have to keep track of your application yourself- not necessarily a bad thing though. Plus, with ucas they sort out everything whereas you’d have to get your own reference etc for applying directly however, it doesn’t matter which way round you do it (or if you do both). You aren’t more advantages doing one over the other so it doesn’t really matter, however some schools you can only apply through ucas so I’d check first!x
hope everyone's doing okay at home! Was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of reputations of schools or any experience/knowing anyone there? just as a general feel of the school itself from a student perspective.
Original post by jess323
I’m going to Guildford school of Acting :smile:

And as for applying, ucas is overall easier because it’s all in one place and you can easily access any changes, it’s just really simple. If you apply directly you have to keep track of your application yourself- not necessarily a bad thing though. Plus, with ucas they sort out everything whereas you’d have to get your own reference etc for applying directly however, it doesn’t matter which way round you do it (or if you do both). You aren’t more advantages doing one over the other so it doesn’t really matter, however some schools you can only apply through ucas so I’d check first!x

Oh what course? X I’ve been offered a place at GSA for Acting and haven’t found anyone yet!
Reply 13
Original post by kitscastle
Oh what course? X I’ve been offered a place at GSA for Acting and haven’t found anyone yet!

No way! I’m on the actor musician course!x
Original post by molly2510
hope everyone's doing okay at home! Was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of reputations of schools or any experience/knowing anyone there? just as a general feel of the school itself from a student perspective.

Hi, hope you’re okay too! I think the top drama schools are pretty obvious (think RADA, Central, LAMDA, Bristol Old Vic, Italia Conti, Sylvia Young, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland etc.) but I’m not so sure about the rest: I think most people rate them by how suited they are to themselves :smile:
Who’s going to GSA BA Acting?? I’m on the reserve
Original post by annstudent
Who’s going to GSA BA Acting?? I’m on the reserve

Hi ! I'm on the reserve list too :smile: Anyone else heard anything?
Hey! I’ve been looking for a thread for next years applicants! It’ll be my first year of auditions aswell, which schools are you thinking of applying to?😊
Original post by 06chambersk
Hi, I haven’t found any threads for 2021 auditions so I thought I’d start one for any other auditionees. I was wondering where people are applying to, if anyone has auditioned before and what it was like, and just to start the conversation about next years’ applications. Thanks :smile:

Hey everyone
Is anyone else taking the musical theatre route? I'm hoping to apply for places like Arts Ed, Bird, London Studio Centre, Laine etc.
Reply 19
Just got my final rejection through from this yr so joining this thread since I’ll be auditioning again in 2021! :smile: it’ll be my 2nd/3rd year auditioning (3rd year for RADA and LAMDA, 2nd year for the rest of my schools)

Latest