The Student Room Group

Taxi drivers drive like **** heads

Why is it every taxi driver drives like they’ve just robbed a house and are in a getaway?
Because there crazy
Reply 2
Original post by Sam Paul
Because there crazy

Legit was coming out of a junction thought one was letting me go pulled out and then they on purposely revved their engine and beeped at me though they were stationary. Some people...
Horrendous considering their job is literally driving people around
I think probably its stretching the point a tad to tar all Taxi drivers with the same brush.
Reply 5
Original post by Karisa96
I think probably its stretching the point a tad to tar all Taxi drivers with the same brush.

Is it though
Original post by IWMTom
Is it though

Well from personal experience I would say yes.
They just wanna be quick so that they can get as many customers as possible
Original post by Karisa96
Well from personal experience I would say yes.

Likewise with personal experience I would wager more of us would say it's not. Literally all taxi drivers around here drive Prius' and have zero sense of awareness. Then again I also live around London where they think getting a phone holder and using a second smartphone to watch tv on whilst driving through traffic is a good idea.
Personally I would say they’re just driving to their ability. Their level of experience allows them to take more risks and read the road more efficiently. If they were driving unsafely, then they would crash. Just let them carry on.
Given the behaviour of Uber vehicles around campus, I’m more than happy to label them all as dangerous cretins.
Original post by Joe Frazier
Personally I would say they’re just driving to their ability. Their level of experience allows them to take more risks and read the road more efficiently. If they were driving unsafely, then they would crash. Just let them carry on.

I'm not sure "driving to their ability" includes forcing other cars to brake because they decided that they own the roads and giving way is optional.

Quick Reply

Latest