The Student Room Group

Grow at your own pace - A Yr 12 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PetitePanda
Thank you :smile: Really? :eek:

yeah i don't think i know anyone doing that combination :rofl: though it's nice having a mix of a-level subjects:yep:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
yeah i don't think i know anyone doing that combination :rofl: though it's nice having a mix of a-level subjects:yep:

Same because it's either essay based combo or a stem-based or someone who's doing medicine :mmm: It was a bit awkward when my school wanted to make a science street and i was in the middle of the humanities and science student's rants :awesome: It is because i dont have to do past papers after past papers after past papers all the time :biggrin: or when im reading and get bored I can switch to some nice maths questions
Same because it's either essay based combo or a stem-based or someone who's doing medicine :mmm: It was a bit awkward when my school wanted to make a science street and i was in the middle of the humanities and science student's rants :awesome: It is because i dont have to do past papers after past papers after past papers all the time :biggrin: or when im reading and get bored I can switch to some nice maths questions

yes that's why i'm doing maths and english lit!! it's nice to have the variety :awesome:
yes that's why i'm doing maths and english lit!! it's nice to have the variety :awesome:

Ayeee mathsss gang :five: Omg i wish you luck for english lit honestly :frown:
Ayeee mathsss gang :five: Omg i wish you luck for english lit honestly :frown:

i regret taking it tbh but oh well 😂😂 thanks!!:teehee:
i regret taking it tbh but oh well 😂😂 thanks!!:teehee:

Why do you regret taking it?
Why do you regret taking it?

one of my teachers is pretty rubbish and disorganised etc :erm: and i just feel like my grades aren't getting much better like i'm 'stuck' on a B/C but we'll see in the summer i guess :redface:
one of my teachers is pretty rubbish and disorganised etc :erm: and i just feel like my grades aren't getting much better like i'm 'stuck' on a B/C but we'll see in the summer i guess :redface:

Oh god that’s sucks. I’m sure you’ll improve that B/C into something great. Are you in yr 12 or 13?
Oh god that’s sucks. I’m sure you’ll improve that B/C into something great. Are you in yr 12 or 13?

year 13:redface: i've been getting As, Bs and Cs on my essays the past two years so it's been very up and down :lol:
Hi, it's me again :h: I think I might do weekly updates instead of daily ones because there's so much I would like to fit in one post and every day is unpredictable. This week, my exams have really reassured my knowledge as I always thought I was beyond help; although I am struggling academically, I discovered it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Honestly, this week did help me in more ways than one
IMG_1051.jpeg

Exams

Spoiler

Revision

Spoiler

Other

Spoiler

So that was my week :colondollar:: my busy but at the same time not week. Hopefully next week I'll do more independent work, especially at home, and work on my bad sleeping habits. I hope everyone's weeks were good and I'll see you next week to give you more updates, which is special since it's my birthday next week :dancing:

Did you have exams this week? If so, how was them?

If no, did anything happened to you in the least expected way?
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, it's me again :h: I think I might do weekly updates instead of daily ones because there's so much I would like to fit in one post and every day is unpredictable. This week, my exams have really reassured my knowledge as I always thought I was beyond help; although I am struggling academically, I discovered it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Honestly, this week did help me in more ways than one
IMG_1051.jpeg

Exams

Spoiler

Revision

Spoiler

Other

Spoiler

So that was my week :colondollar:: my busy but at the same time not week. Hopefully next week I'll do more independent work, especially at home, and work on my bad sleeping habits. I hope everyone's weeks were good and I'll see you next week to give you more updates, which is special since it's my birthday next week :dancing:

Did you have exams this week? If so, how was them?

If no, did anything happened to you in the least expected way?

Well done for the exams!! Good luck for your History one too!
Original post by 5hyl33n
Well done for the exams!! Good luck for your History one too!

Thank you :biggrin: and I sure do need the luck :frown:
I helped out at my sixth forms evening for bio and physics it was from 5-8 and I literally finished a full day of work experience 9-4 and got there bang on 5 and went straight up to do talks., it was tiring so I feel your pain ahah
Original post by Rae5
I helped out at my sixth forms evening for bio and physics it was from 5-8 and I literally finished a full day of work experience 9-4 and got there bang on 5 and went straight up to do talks., it was tiring so I feel your pain ahah

How was both of them? I helped out with the physics stall too. What talk did you did? At least it's over now :biggrin:
Hi, I am back with a contrasting week - it was amazing, only my birthday plans made it like that, but also meh at the same time because I came back to school :frown: My revision plan didn't work out as planned but I'm happy I have started at least, especially for maths. I was so busy on the weekends that I couldn't update on Sunday but so I'll keep the things that happen for Monday for the next update

IMG_0966.jpeg

Exams

Spoiler

Exam Results

Spoiler

Revision

Spoiler

Other

Spoiler

I didn't do much for this week, so it was a quite lazy day. What is your method of motivating yourself from a lazy day?
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m so sorry for not updating this. I honestly was so busy with sorting out me leaving school early and I didn’t know what to do with the whole Covid-19 situation. I was doubting in myself and I felt like no matter what I tried, it would be useless when I tried to self-teach, wondering if I should resit :frown: Fortunately, the people at TSR helped me with what I could do during this time and not rush into big decisions; I saw there were many people like me and I should make the best of the situation :biggrin: Anyways, this week I tried to get my revise and get into a habit of me learning consistently; I also started to get back into things I gave up before.

IMG_7694.jpg

RevisionI've done a pretty good job keeping up with physics and maths :awesome: but I still need to work on the self-teaching aspect and work on learning new content. Omg I have so much history work and readings to go through - wish me luck :cry:

Other- I've done it! I've kept up with Duolingo every day :biggrin: I'm chuffed with myself
- I actually made a list of essay competitions and I'm happy that I created something to help the year 12s, which I wanted to do since I became a FH :colondollar:
- I'm working on an essay competition right now but I just keep procrastinating on finishing it, even though the deadline is coming - hopefully I'll get more motivated for it :tongue:
- I've started on an EPQ course on future learn and there's another one, which I need to get through since it's compulsory for me to do an EPQ at my school. I want to do something on law but I don't know what I should do. I was thinking on the impact of legislation on Jews but it would link with my history subject so I might do How does our legal system makes us obey to a legal standard of behaviour - is this good or should i make it more simplistic?

So what has everyone been doing during the lockdown so far? :h:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Hey! Where is your essay-competition list? :smile: Very nice to see that you're keeping up with work! Also, thanks for the follow!
Original post by Tolgarda
Hey! Where is your essay-competition list? :smile: Very nice to see that you're keeping up with work! Also, thanks for the follow!

Here you go :h: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6419758 I haven’t done any work anymore for 3 weeks sadly due to demotivation but I have started to do a bit by bit to regain my habit again. Also no problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending