The Student Room Group

Sunderland A100 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone,

If you have received a firm offer (CF/UF) to study at the University of Sunderland, you can apply for accommodation from the first Monday in February. Please allow 48 hours from receipt of your offer letter before trying to apply.

Please apply via our Accommodation Booking System. If you're a first time user, you'll need to register.

Let me know if you have any questions! :smile:
we have a contract on offer at the forge for year 2020/2021 if anyone is interested. Its a 45 week contract in an ensuite room. £110 per week all bills paid.
If you would like to take over this contract then please contact me and i will supply all the details.
Can we only apply to the free accommodation if Sunderland is our firm?
Original post by Ibs007861
Can we only apply to the free accommodation if Sunderland is our firm?

Hi,
You can apply for accommodation with us as your firm or insurance choice.
Hope this helps!
Which accommodation is it for medics that is free? Is it scotia quay?
Also
When do we have to apply by?
Reply 45
Original post by ellenobrien22
Which accommodation is it for medics that is free? Is it scotia quay?
Also
When do we have to apply by?

Yeah it’s scotia quay and I have no clue when
Original post by Saz243
Yeah it’s scotia quay and I have no clue when

Ah cool. I liked scotia quay when I was at the open day
Reply 47
Original post by ellenobrien22
Ah cool. I liked scotia quay when I was at the open day

I went and looked at it on the open day too and I think compared to other unis accommodation it isn’t the best that’s what I’m considering looking at the student village thing but I didn’t want to be the only med student. I’m gonna have another look on the offer holder day tho
Original post by Saz243
I went and looked at it on the open day too and I think compared to other unis accommodation it isn’t the best that’s what I’m considering looking at the student village thing but I didn’t want to be the only med student. I’m gonna have another look on the offer holder day tho

Ah really. I thought it was really nice compared to the other unis I went to 😂
Reply 49
Is it true that the degree won’t be accredited until its first set of students graduate? Could this mean we could complete 4 years and then find out our degree isn’t accredited by the GMC and therefore when we graduate we might not necessarily be able to practice? I really like Sunderland but this is making me feel nervous and could sway me towards my other offer.
Original post by Ec2410
...Could this mean we could complete 4 years and then find out our degree isn’t accredited by the GMC and therefore when we graduate we might not necessarily be able to practice?...

No, this will not happen - no one will be left in limbo.

The reason why it's not accredited is because it would be silly of the GMC to approve of a med school when there are no doctors from that med school.

To further "reassure" you, because you will almost be certain be made to take the UKMLA (set to come in 2024), you will definitely be a bona-fide FY1 doctor once you have completed the course and passed your UKMLA.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 51
I'm guessing smart clothes isn't required for offers holders day. am I correct in thinking that?
Original post by utv
I'm guessing smart clothes isn't required for offers holders day. am I correct in thinking that?

There's no dress code, come in comfortable clothes!

Post originally created by ecolier.
Original post by utv

Hi there,
No smart clothing is not required, just come in your comfortable clothes :smile:
Original post by Ec2410
Is it true that the degree won’t be accredited until its first set of students graduate? Could this mean we could complete 4 years and then find out our degree isn’t accredited by the GMC and therefore when we graduate we might not necessarily be able to practice? I really like Sunderland but this is making me feel nervous and could sway me towards my other offer.

Hi @Ec2410
Many thanks for your query. We can quite understand your concern.The situation is that, for all new medical schools in the UK, the medical degree is not ratified by the GMC until the final year of that degree. As standard practice, the GMC regularly visit new medical schools (typically twice a year) to make sure they are delivering the medical course appropriately. This is both a regulatory and a supportive activity (eg the GMC could suggest improvements) . In the very unlikely event that we have serious problems with the GMC validation, students would ultimately be awarded a Keele University degree.
Hope that helps.
Reply 55
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Hi @Ec2410
Many thanks for your query. We can quite understand your concern.The situation is that, for all new medical schools in the UK, the medical degree is not ratified by the GMC until the final year of that degree. As standard practice, the GMC regularly visit new medical schools (typically twice a year) to make sure they are delivering the medical course appropriately. This is both a regulatory and a supportive activity (eg the GMC could suggest improvements) . In the very unlikely event that we have serious problems with the GMC validation, students would ultimately be awarded a Keele University degree.
Hope that helps.

Thank you for your reply. That does help and clears up my query. Looking forward to the offer holder day in March!
Hello, if I put an offer(AAA) from another university as my first choice and put Sunderland 2nd, if I slip a grade and achieve AAB at a level will I still be accepted at Sunderland?
Thanks
Does anybody know about the unis standpoint on calling and asking to defer now with an offer due to circumstance? Not sure if it’s going to be a good choice for me but only if they’d accept
Original post by Greenleave
Hello, if I put an offer(AAA) from another university as my first choice and put Sunderland 2nd, if I slip a grade and achieve AAB at a level will I still be accepted at Sunderland?
Thanks

Hi @Greenleave
Our current offer is AAA, at confirmation (13 August) we will review this and take all circumstances into consideration.
Hope that helps
Original post by SleepyGnome
Does anybody know about the unis standpoint on calling and asking to defer now with an offer due to circumstance? Not sure if it’s going to be a good choice for me but only if they’d accept

Hi @SleepyGnome
We do consider requests to defer, it would be best to contact our admissions team so they can look into this for you based on your circumstances. You can send them an email at [email protected]
Hope that helps
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending