The Student Room Group

I just sold my PS4 and Xbox one and all my games for them...

I just sold my Xbox one and PS4.

Also sold my PS2, PS3, psp, psvita, Wii u, Wii and Xbox 360.

Bought myself a switch lite and some games for it.

So now I'll have a switch lite and my android phone to game on.

Do you think it's worth rebuying any of the consoles I sold?

I read that ps5 and new Xbox will have backwards compatibility so should I hold out for them and rebuy PS4 and Xbox one games at that stage?

Do you think a gaming pc is worth having?

I don't have WiFi in my flat so if I got a gaming pc I'd probably have to get WiFi to download games, which I could probably work into my budget.
Original post by Wannasucceed

I read that ps5 and new Xbox will have backwards compatibility so should I hold out for them and rebuy PS4 and Xbox one games at that stage?

I don't have WiFi in my flat so if I got a gaming pc I'd probably have to get WiFi to download games, which I could probably work into my budget.

See how you go on.

Not long till PS5 etc or you can save up and join PC Master race.
Hopefully you got a good price.
Original post by 999tigger
See how you go on.

Not long till PS5 etc or you can save up and join PC Master race.
Hopefully you got a good price.

Thanks

Got £148 in Cex credit for the PS4 with hdmi cable, power cable and a controller. It was a metal gear solid V special edition console. Traded in some old GameCube and PS2 games at the same time so came away with £161 of Cex store credit, which went most of the way towards my £170 switch lite.

Sorry if that was tmi
Thanks

Got £148 in Cex credit for the PS4 with hdmi cable, power cable and a controller. It was a metal gear solid V special edition console. Traded in some old GameCube and PS2 games at the same time so came away with £161 of Cex store credit, which went most of the way towards my £170 switch lite.

Sorry if that was tmi

No idea how much they are worth, but if ou had done with them then you can put it towards the next one. Cant be that long away.
Original post by 999tigger
No idea how much they are worth, but if ou had done with them then you can put it towards the next one. Cant be that long away.

I thought I got a good deal anyway as a standard PS4 can sell for a lot less than that in Cex and mine was a few years old.

I used the money to buy my switch lite.

Sorry if I'm bugging you btw.

Thanks for your advice.
I thought I got a good deal anyway as a standard PS4 can sell for a lot less than that in Cex and mine was a few years old.

I used the money to buy my switch lite.

Sorry if I'm bugging you btw.

Thanks for your advice.

Nah its coool and the new ones will be backwards compatible anyway. Best you dump them now because when launch comes there will be a glut of them being sold.
This is why kids shouldn't be in charge of money.

Sell 'em all on a whim and immediately ask others if any is worth rebuying back. WTF?
PC>Console.
Don't @ me.
Original post by ozzyoscy
This is why kids shouldn't be in charge of money.

Sell 'em all on a whim and immediately ask others if any is worth rebuying back. WTF?

I'm 27 but have Asperger's and possibly other mental health stuff.

Do you think my buying habits sound immature?

I might be overthinking your comment

A Gaming PC is 100% worth it compared to a console. If you have Ethernet through the cable the PC will not have any problems. But if you don't have that and no Wi-Fi then I'd suggest going for a gaming laptop. Also, how did you download the games for the console/updates or playing multiplayer?

I have an Xbox One S as well but it's such an inconvenience sometimes because if I have to pay with friends I have to remember to buy the Game Pass and then download some updates because they don't work without the Game Pass. I hate paying to play online when I'm already paying for Internet.

I have vita and ps4 but I am thinking of getting a GBA for retro gaming but I will still keep the vita

If you have a switch I would get maybe one other console and stop

I know people who own xbox,ps4,3ds and switch and pc and to me thats too much because there is only so much gaming you can do
You might as well just wait for the ps5. Alternatively you could build an ok pc for like £500 which would run most games at least 100fps on reasonable settings.
Reply 12
Thanks

Sorry if that was tmi

bad decision btw.

i can understand you selling the older consoles, but trading a ps4 and xbox one + games for a switch is not a good deal.

If you really wanted a switch so much you should have just saved up for it

Quick Reply

Latest