The Student Room Group

Why do i keep getting the same driving examiner on my tests?

To keep it short - I've failed 3 times, because that is what I am and always have been. A failure.

Anyway, it does not help my nerves that I have had the same driving examiner 3 times in a row. Unless I am making this up. Isn't it not allowed to have the same examiner in a row to avoid bias?

I am so scared to go for a driving exam again if I get the same examiner.
Reply 1
Original post by Just_Another_One
To keep it short - I've failed 3 times, because that is what I am and always have been. A failure.

Anyway, it does not help my nerves that I have had the same driving examiner 3 times in a row. Unless I am making this up. Isn't it not allowed to have the same examiner in a row to avoid bias?

What exactly is wrong with it? There's only so many examiners at the test centre.
Can you not imagine it? And as I said in my post. I've had the same bloke 3 times and it makes me nervous more so to be tested by the same person three times who I also have failed 3 times with. Get me no?
If it’s that much of a bother, just go to a different test centre.
Original post by Admit-One
If it’s that much of a bother, just go to a different test centre.

But then I'll have to learn an entire new test route area 😭
Reply 5
Can you not imagine it? And as I said in my post. I've had the same bloke 3 times and it makes me nervous more so to be tested by the same person three times who I also have failed 3 times with. Get me no?

No, I don't get you. The examiner is impartial.

But then I'll have to learn an entire new test route area 😭

You shouldn't have to "learn an entire new test route area" to pass - you should be able to pass a driving test at any test centre if your driving is up to scratch.
Original post by IWMTom
No, I don't get you. The examiner is impartial.

You shouldn't have to "learn an entire new test route area" to pass - you should be able to pass a driving test at any test centre if your driving is up to scratch.

Yeah but it helps to know the area and ****.
Have you been taking the test on the same day each time? If so, maybe you could change the day or time? Or maybe you could request for a female examiner.
Original post by bumble_bean
Have you been taking the test on the same day each time? If so, maybe you could change the day or time? Or maybe you could request for a female examiner.

Hmm. That's a good point. I check the prior test days but I think I've alwshe chosen the 10:24 slot... finally a helpful responce
I did my first test a few months after my 17th bday (my brother ended up teaching me to drive so I learnt quickly) and failed first time because the examiner made me feel bad throughout the drive. I was nervous because even though I was confident with driving, he did comment on my age when he saw my provisional. Nothing bad, and looking back he wasn't criticising my age, he was just a bit weird. But he criticised me for everything, I mumble sometimes when I drive, e.g. if I'm on a roundabout I'll whisper something like 'can go now because they're going left' and he'd say it was distracting and inappropriate to mumble. I went 29 on a 30 and he looked at me and said SLOW DOWN: going over the speed limit is a major. I complained, nothing happened cause it's all hearsay (though my instructor that I had a few mock tests for) said he was inappropriate). Ended up failing because I went too forward in my bay parking and went over the front line (if that makes sense).

THE NEXT TEST, I hear my name being called and it's HIM. I panicked hard but he didn't even remember me. I passed, he was the same and critical but I literally ignored it. The only time I opened my mouth was for the tell me question.

Don't be put off, it's not a big deal imo to get the same. But it's easy for me to say that now that I've passed. HOWEVER, try to avoid booking it the same day and time. Both my tests were the 8 o clock slot on a Tuesday.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10

They see so many people they probably won't even remember you. A driving examiner told me himself when I had him the second time lol
Reply 11
Yeah but it helps to know the area and ****.

That really isn't the point.
Original post by IWMTom
That really isn't the point.

Tbf I don’t think students should really have to LEARN routes but I do think it’s useful to have driven around SOME of the main areas at least once just so you know what to expect. I ended up doing my second test at a different test Centre and I did around two hours of driving around there and I think it helped with general nerves, but that’s it. I passed though, and would recommend to do at least a bit of driving in a different area.

Quick Reply

Latest