The Student Room Group

A LEVELS 2020!!! Revision tips

Hey everyone :smile:, it’s officially 3 months away from my first exam! So anyone would you please put down your best exam tip, it could be how to prepare for exams, how to manage exam season, ways of dealing with stress, how to make a revision schedule, good habits or even tips during the exam....ANYTHING you can think of!
For some background information I will be studying Biochemistry and is currently doing Physics+Biology+Chemistry+Maths

I’ll go first, my best tip for Biology revision (OCR) is to copy out mark-scheme answers for long questions into a question book so you can review it at later stages
Reply 1
Original post by WIGBLOWN
Hey everyone :smile:, it’s officially 3 months away from my first exam! So anyone would you please put down your best exam tip, it could be how to prepare for exams, how to manage exam season, ways of dealing with stress, how to make a revision schedule, good habits or even tips during the exam....ANYTHING you can think of!
For some background information I will be studying Biochemistry and is currently doing Physics+Biology+Chemistry+Maths

I’ll go first, my best tip for Biology revision (OCR) is to copy out mark-scheme answers for long questions into a question book so you can review it at later stages

A levels? having now graduated i would say that your mark scheme idea is ok but it would be much better if you checked out your learning style properly, organised a full set of notes, condense the notes, revise them- then practice endless numbers of exam questions on the full range of topics, then mark them with the mark scheme! Analyse and improve your gaps in knowledge. (Lazy students dont do this because it requires organised hard work! But it works!
Reply 2
Original post by mgi
A levels? having now graduated i would say that your mark scheme idea is ok but it would be much better if you checked out your learning style properly, organised a full set of notes, condense the notes, revise them- then practice endless numbers of exam questions on the full range of topics, then mark them with the mark scheme! Analyse and improve your gaps in knowledge. (Lazy students dont do this because it requires organised hard work! But it works!

I do agree but the tip only applies to Bio where I feel like a good 6/8 marker basically covers a whole topic x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending