The Student Room Group

Who actually likes public transport?

I dont see how you can actually enjoy it, I just feel embarrassed using it at my age.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Unknown70
I dont see how you can actually enjoy it, I just feel embarrassed using it at my age.

Embarrassed?
Reply 2

ahh really and truly u shudn't be embrassed ygm
u see me yeah im 30 so im still on train but
as long as your making money then its klmm
Well I have a licence and passed my test and 17 but I still have to get public transport because a car is too expensive while at uni.
But I like just sitting listening to music and looking out if the window during journeys so I'm not too bothered. It is a pain having to wait around for buses though
Reply 4
I actively dislike public transport and find it hard to find a reason not to drive unless I'm drinking.

It's over-crowded, unreliable, overpriced and generally unpleasant
I don't actually mind public transport too much! But, if I had a longer train journey than I do to work I would probably hate it.

The most annoying part is delays and when train services are striking etc.

What is it that makes you embarrassed about public transport? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by PilboBaggins
I don't actually mind public transport too much! But, if I had a longer train journey than I do to work I would probably hate it.

The most annoying part is delays and when train services are striking etc.

What is it that makes you embarrassed about public transport? :smile:

I think its just coz im a massive car fan and there are actually loads of people my age driving who are maybe even younger than me
I like trains when they are actually on time and working.
Reply 8
Original post by xDron3
I actively dislike public transport and find it hard to find a reason not to drive unless I'm drinking.

It's over-crowded, unreliable, overpriced and generally unpleasant

So true

I love trains
public transport is great, its cheap and you get to meet new people
Reply 11
Original post by Oxford Mum
I love trains

I like trains on long journeys like going from london to manchester
Reply 12
Original post by Drewski
Embarrassed?

Kind of

What age are you?
Why not walk instead?
Reply 14
Original post by Gent2324
public transport is great, its cheap and you get to meet new people

Meet new people?
Yeah it's awful. I took it every day to school before I got a car. It's late, it's slow, its uncomfortable and it's really not that much cheaper. A day ticket for the bus in NI is £3.50, that's about £700 a year.(And this is for the bus, god knows how much if you take the train) Driving to school and back home costs me about £1 in petrol per day. £200 a year. I suppose there is insurance and stuff to consider but really I'd say driving is really not that much more expensive that the bus.
Public transport is horrible.
Buses are slow. Trains are unreliable and expensive. The underground is way too cramped and polluted and you're definitely getting coronavirus if you go on it.

I'd always rather walk but it's most often too far for where I need to go. Unfortunately I haven't learnt to drive yet but when I do I'm not taking public transport again.
Reply 17
Original post by nemofoot
Yeah it's awful. I took it every day to school before I got a car. It's late, it's slow, its uncomfortable and it's really not that much cheaper. A day ticket for the bus in NI is £3.50, that's about £700 a year.(And this is for the bus, god knows how much if you take the train) Driving to school and back home costs me about £1 in petrol per day. £200 a year. I suppose there is insurance and stuff to consider but really I'd say driving is really not that much more expensive that the bus.

I know, it isnt even cheap
Only time I get frustrated is during rush hour but otherwise it’s fine
I hate it as well, especially if you have to commute

Quick Reply