The Student Room Group

Boyfriend sometimes says he can’t feel his penis during sex?

My boyfriend and I have great sex... usually. We both prioritize each other’s pleasure, communicate, and have a lot of fun. But sometimes he says that he can’t feel his penis during sex, like it has very little sensation or is almost numb. He is still able to maintain an erection and have sex - sometimes it really works out in my favor - but he can’t orgasm and loses interest in continuing sex when this happens. He says it’s been an ongoing problem and is insecure about it.
Of course, I’ve asked him several times to make an appointment with a doctor. But has anyone heard of or experienced this? What could cause this? What could help?
(edited 4 years ago)
What’s his size? Although It’s normal for guys. You’re the one causing him to go numb due to you getting wet. Female fluids cause most guys to go numb
Being numb can also be caused by anxiety
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
What’s his size? Although It’s normal for guys. You’re the one causing him to go numb due to you getting wet. Female fluids cause most guys to go numb
Being numb can also be caused by anxiety

What do you mean by size? He’s pretty slender and pretty well endowed. And wait... vaginal fluid causes men to go numb?! I’ve never heard that before and honestly most people I’ve slept with had the opposite problem with stamina. He said that this has been a problem in the past for him. In general he isn’t an anxious person... we are very comfortable together but I could see it being anxiety related.
Reply 3
Original post by sryglet
What do you mean by size? He’s pretty slender and pretty well endowed. And wait... vaginal fluid causes men to go numb?! I’ve never heard that before and honestly most people I’ve slept with had the opposite problem with stamina. He said that this has been a problem in the past for him. In general he isn’t an anxious person... we are very comfortable together but I could see it being anxiety related.

What happens if you do a hand job on him? Is his skin generally not very sensitive as well?

Quick Reply

Latest